Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Digging Up Bones!

Today has been great, because we have had blue skies and much warmer weather. Because the past two days were so dreary and cold so all I did was do paperwork and play my guitar. And that is the reason that I haven't posted anything, because there was basically nothing to write about.

This afternoon Tony and I went to Kerrville. We met our dear friend Jim "The Mineral Man" for lunch and it was so much fun. Unfortunately, his sweet wife Kris was a no-show today, because she is currently out of town, for a few days, digging up bones, etc., at a very famous archeology site, in Southwest Texas.

When we got back home this afternoon Hazel and I deep cleaned our trailer, because our good friend Rick is coming to visit us tomorrow and spend the night. I am so glad that I did it too, because it really looks like we don't live here. But trust me, by Friday, I'll be pulling Hazel back out of the closet, to remove a new layer of dog hair, because our dogs are shedding their coats, even though I keep warning them, "Y'all, winter isn't over yet. Keep your hair to yourselves."

Like Tony, they have selective hearing, too and they have ignored my winter warnings, so when our next cold front comes in tomorrow night they'll wish that they had listened to me and they will be begging me to empty Hazel's canister, full of their hair, so they get it back on them.

Early this evening, after admiring Hazel's and my handy-work, I brought my step stool, into the kitchen. Then I went and found our drill and two long screws. Then I pulled our kitchen table away from the wall and half-hollered, "Tony! I need your help!"

Because Tony sometimes has selective hearing, he could tell that it wasn't another one of my emergencies, so he said, "Okay, I'll be there in just a minute." And five minutes later, he grabbed the drill and screws and attached my new Appalachian Trl. sign to the wall, above our kitchen table and I was thrilled.

I love the way it looks on the wall and I like that the Appalachian Logo is above the curtain that I made, almost twenty years ago, that shows my registered brand, that I embroidered on it. The RT with the circle around it I designed and it stands for Rolling Thunder Ranch, which was the name I gave to my beautiful mini-ranch, in Utopia, Texas. Here are two pictures of the newly improved kitchen wall and that's Roy shedding more of his coat, as he sleeps and dreams about spring weather.



And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: