Wednesday, November 26, 2014

You Are My Sunshine!

Today has been great. This morning Tony did all of the chores outside, while I did all of the chores (dust and vacuum) inside The Cabin. And I think he got the better end of the deal, because when I started deep cleaning I couldn't quit cleaning this and that until it was time for me to cook our lunch.

Because we have watched that fabulous documentary Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, we are seriously taking everything that we eat to whole higher level. In fact, this morning Tony and I juiced and each drank 16 ounces of Mean Green juice.

So, for lunch I sauteed some mushrooms and onions, with garlic, while cooking the veggie burgers. Then I peeled an avocado, added a small amount of salt to it and then mashed it up, because I was going to top our veggie burgers with the mushrooms, onions, garlic and avocado.

Then I made us healthy fruit smoothies made with blueberries, strawberries, banana, peach, pineapple, grapes, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, almonds and almond milk. Then I let Jaws, our incredibly great Vitamix Machine pulverize it. Then I half-hollered down the hallway, "Tony! Lunch is ready!"
And needless to say, "Our lunch was absolutely delicious and Tony loved it!"

After lunch I cleaned up the kitchen and then I said, to whatever dogs were awake, in the big room, "I quit. No more cleaning. It is what it is. When our friends/volunteers come out tomorrow morning, to help us cook and serve our dogs their annual people Thanksgiving dinner—they are not going to care one bit how clean our home is." Then our dogs dozed off, again. "And I am taking the rest of today and tomorrow off, too." And no one responded, so I sat down, at the kitchen table to check my e-mail.

My dear, old friend Judy, from Austin, had sent me an e-mail that linked me to a really cool site that calculated exactly how old you are today and all I had to do was just type in my birth date. Wow, it was amazingly fast, but I wasn't sure if I really wanted to know that:

     Today I am 23,051 days old
     3,293 weeks + 0 days old
     7,573 months old
     And was born on a Wednesday

Anyway, it was fun and if you want to check it out, here's the link to it.

This afternoon I practiced playing the scales on B.B. again, then I took a short sleepless nap with our four-legged family.

About one hour after getting off of the bed, I walked back into our bedroom to get something and I saw Little Debbie still sleeping, on top of the 2nd, cheap, protective blanket, that she, Alice and Beau have enjoyed ripping and tearing apart. So, I tip-toed back to the kitchen to get my camera. And seconds later, I took this cute picture of her and our 2nd torn up, cheap blanket-bedspread cover.


I love this picture, because she looks like a little angel sleeping, even though I am sure she was dreaming about where she was going to put another hole, in the inexpensive cover-blanket. And, I like that the "Yoda Lisa," above the headboard, is looking down on her. (I cut & pasted that picture of my dog Yoda, in 1994. She was another one of my soul-mates that loved me unconditionally and she always put a smile to my face.) I've named this picture of Little Debbie sleeping, You Are My Sunshine.

I this this early, and having it post at 5:30, because Tony and I will be over at Carol's ranch visiting with her & Bill and Lorri & Jeff and be playing guitars with Jeff. Jeff Severson is the prankster that tries to play phone pranks on me when he and Lorri come to visit Carol.

In fact, Jeff has already tried twice since he got there, on Monday. On his first phone prank this week, Jeff tried to sound like an Englishman and left a message, saying his name was Robert Glickman and he wanted to adopt some of our dogs and fly them over to England, but it didn't work, because I checked the caller ID and saw that it was a California area code. So, I called him back. He answered, "This is Robert Lickman."

"Jeff, I know it's you," I said, followed by a laugh.

"I'm sorry. This is Robert Glickman. Who is this and why are you calling me?...." Finally, he fessed up and then we laughed and visited for a few minutes.

This afternoon, Jeff left another message about him wanting to adopt an armadillo and I could hear Carol & Bill and Lorri laughing, in the background. It was pretty funny and you can Click Here to listen to Jeff's latest prank phone call that he tried to play on me. 

A few minutes later, I returned Jeff's aka Hans' phone call. When he answered, I said, "Hello, this is Gretel and yes, we do have an armadillo that you can adopt. But first, I need to know if you have a fenced back yard, Jeff! I got you, again!" And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: