Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy Birthday Lynda Coates!

Yesterday was great and today has been great too. Yesterday afternoon we met Kinky, at Randy & Lisa's Save Inn restaurant, for lunch. Kinky chose to go to the Save Inn, because he recently tried their Huevos Rancheros and he was very impressed with his tasty meal and the restaurant.

While we were eating lunch I started telling Kinky the story about last Saturday night, when we had dinner with his and our friends, Sandy and Jon Wolfmuelller. Before I could finish telling him about me thinking it was Sandy's birthday and us wanting to surprise her at El Sol de Mexico, he laughingly guessed, "It wasn't her birthday." And he thought it was pretty funny, too.

This morning after we did our morning chores outside, a very nice man named Steve, representing Hill Country Pest Control, arrived to exterminate my pink writing cabin and The Cabin. We met Steve one year ago, when for the very first time, he came out to rid our home of Scorpions and other pests. We were so impressed with him and what a good job he had done for Hill Country Pest Control, we asked him to please sign us up for yearly pest control inspections and treatments.

"Have you had any Scorpion problems?" Steve asked, as he pumped up his sprayer.

"No. Thanks to you," Tony said. "Until you came along last year and sprayed, we used to find Scorpions in our sinks, tubs, closets, shoes, etc. and we haven't seen any since you sprayed last year."

"Did Hill Country Pest Control call you and tell you that they are giving y'all a bigger discount this year, because of the good work you do?" Steve asked.

"I can't remember," I said. "That is so nice of them to do that for us. Please tell them thank you."

"I will. They are good people and they enjoy helping out the community as much as they can..."

Ten minutes later, I felt guilty about writing a check for so little, because I doubt if the small amount they charged us even covered the costs of their products used. I am not trying to be Angie here, I just want the people, in the Texas Hill Country, to know that Hill Country Pest Control, Inc. is the best and that I highly recommend them.

Late this afternoon Tony and I jumped into Buttermilk and we went over to see Carol. We had a fun visit with her. She is as excited as me about my second novella fixin' to be published and I think that I am going to let her have a peak at it, since she is one of the main characters.

It is fixin' to storm here, so I guess that is about it for today, because I need to go unplug. Happy Birthday Lynda Coates! We love you!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: