Thursday, June 13, 2013

Can You Hear Me Now!

Today has been great thanks to Brandon saving the day for me. Last week on Friday, the 7th, I called a certain cell phone company to reactivate my cell phone, which I seldom use. My one year plan had run out and I needed to buy another one year subscription.

I figured that it would be simple to do, but was I wrong. After wasting forty-three minutes with a customer service representative, I was told that they would have to send me a new SIM card, because I live in Medina. "You should receive it in five days or less."

Four business days later, today, FedEx delivered my new SIM card to me. I decided to call the cell phone company to reactivate my cheap phone after Tony and Brandon were done with their morning chores outside, so Tony and Brandon could help me, in case I needed their help.

After spending twenty-five minutes talking to the woman, I was having a hard time understanding, I put her on speakerphone and then went back to Tony's office to get him to talk to her.

While Tony talked to her, I taught Brandon how to make my taco salad and while we three were eating lunch, Tony was so frustrated with the woman he asked Brandon to take over.

In between bites, Brandon would politely say things like, "Okay or Yes ma'am, Yes, I can hold, so I can eat my dinner now," etc., so I took this picture of him doing just that.


 Fifteen minutes later as Brandon took his last bite of taco salad he said, "Thank you. Okay, you're welcome. Have a nice day." Then he turned off the phone and he started laughing. "It's activated, Nancy."

"Thank you, Brandon," I said. "The woman talked so fast to me, I had a hard time understanding her instructions."

"She was nice to me and she also thanked me, for helping her help you and Tony and we were on the phone with her for fifty-nine minutes." Then we started laughing. And that is about it for today.

P.S. Carol called me this morning and she loved getting to be the first to read, The Cowgirl Sisterhood: Part II, A Death In New Mexico. She told me that she laughed all of the way through it and she cannot wait until it is published. Needless to say, "Carol and Brandon have made my day great."

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: