Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Put It On Your Calendar!

Today has been great. At 7:20 this morning, Big G called me, so I could do the three to five minute Utopia Rescue Ranch segment, on his popular morning radio show. Rio was his Pet of the Week too, as he was Harley's Pet of the Week, last Thursday. As always I had fun talking to Big G.

After doing Big G's (Gordon Ames) show I decided to go outside and start doing my morning chores, because it was such a beautiful morning. By the time Tony returned from the Old Timer, in Medina, I had cleaned all of the dog pens and had started feeding the dogs.

"I'll finish feeding the dogs," Tony said, as he got out of Trigger. "So you can go make us breakfast."

After we ate breakfast I went outside to get something out of my writing cabin and when I returned Carlton was flashing, on top of the breakfast bar. So I pushed his button and heard, "Nancy, this is Susan at Hoegemeyers'. I don't know if y'all can help us, but we had a Shih-zuh dropped off a few days ago and it needs a home..."

I then punched in Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic's phone number. "Hello, Susan. We're full out here, but last week a friend of mine that runs a shelter called me to see if we had any Shih-zuhs for adoption, because a nice woman had come to her place wanting to adopt a Shih-zuh. Let me call her right now and get I'll get back to you..."

When I called Catherine, she told me all about the nice woman wanting a Shih-zuh and then I told her about the one at Hoegemeyer's needing a home. And the good news is at 2:29, this afternoon, while I was outside mowing, Susan called and left this message, "Catherine has just picked up the little Shih-zuh and it is on it's way to its new forever home. Thank you, so much for helping us find it a good home. Bye."

This afternoon at 4:30, Kinky called me to discuss Chumley Friedman getting his nails clipped. "Nance, he would not get in the truck and he definitely did not want to go to Kerrville to get his nails clipped. Do we know anybody that can clip his nails?"

"Yes, Kinky. Ellen, our great volunteer, can probably do it the next time she comes out on Friday. She's very good at it. I can't do it because his nails are black and with my poor eyesight, I'm afraid that I might cut the quick accidentally."

"Please put it on your calendar so you won't forget to ask her..." And that is about it for tonight, because I am going to do some more editing tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: