Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Lightning Strikes Again!

Yesterday and today have been great and so far we have gotten over two inches of rain. Yesterday, I spent the entire morning catching up with paperwork, returning phone calls and e-mails, while Tony did our chores outside.

By 12:30, I was completely caught up with everything, so after I cooked lunch for Tony and me and had cleaned up the kitchen, I grabbed my laptop and went outside to The Bunkhouse, my pink writing cabin, to write. And I typed non-stop until 7:30, because I was on a roll with the novella.

It started raining right after I returned to The Cabin. Then a few minutes later it started raining harder and harder, with loud bursts of thunder. Lightning was hitting all around us, so I unplugged everything inside The Cabin.

Around 10:00, lightning hit real close to the trailer and it woke us up. Then ten minutes later, the electricity was knocked out. Tony and I could not sleep, so we sat in the big room, surrounded by our dogs, with flashlights in our hands.

The electricity finally came back on at 12:08, so we went back to bed.

This morning when Tony returned home, after drinking coffee with his friends at The Old Timer, he said, "Lightning hit a tree real close to the trailer and it split the tree. You have to come see it."

"Where'd it hit?"

"Right behind Ben Stiller's and La Toya's pen. Near the middle." I grabbed my camera and went outside with Tony, to check out the poor tree. Then I took this picture of it. It is right behind the blue scoop and the bark is stripped off. That's La Toya staring at Tony.


This morning Tony did our chores again while I cleaned our trailer. It has rained off and on all day and I wrote this early, because I might be unplugged tonight. And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: