Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I Love Dale!

Today has been really great, because my banjo was delivered and ten minutes after I got it, I was on the phone talking to Ronnie about it, when UPS showed up with my banjo strap and Banjo For Dummies book.




I love my banjo so much! It arrived around 2:30 and after talking to Ronnie on the phone and then tuning it, I have not been able to put it down. I am thrilled with its fabulous sound and I can't believe that it was so easy to learn how to play it.

A few minutes ago, while I was writing this, our dear friend Charlie Cooper (He and his wife Ellen are characters in my novella.) came inside The Cabin with Tony, so he could check out Dale, which is what I named my new banjo. "Charlie you are going to love this instrument and the chords are so easy."

Then I went into our bedroom and grabbed Dale, where she was resting while I wrote this.


When I returned to the kitchen I handed Dale to Charlie and he studied the chords for a couple of minutes in my new, Banjo For Dummies book. Then Charlie started pickin' on Dale. So, I grabbed my guitar out of its case and he and I started pickin' and grinnin' for several minutes. "I need to get me one of these things," Charlie said. "It's a great instrument and fun to play."

After I told Charlie about Ronnie checking it out and then buying their banjo kit and then me buying one already assembled, he said, "I'm definitely going to check this out. By the way, in case y'all want to know, my birthday is coming up real soon and I love this banjo..."

Here's a link if you want to check out my banjo. And that is about it for tonight, because I am going to go pick on Dale some more. 

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: