Monday, February 25, 2013

Wild Winds!

Today has been fine, but a little bit noisy out here. Due to the wild winds peeling back four sheets of tin on our front porch roof. Around 1:00, when the winds lifted up and bent back the tin, the sheets have been loudly banging back and forth every time a 30 - 50 mph wind gust blows through.

This afternoon, while I was on the phone talking to a nice woman about possibly adopting one of our Pit Bulls, I had a hard time talking to her, because of the constant loud banging out on the porch. And I must have apologized to her at least three times, because I could barely hear her. The good news is that she and her thirty-year-old son are coming out this Saturday to possibly adopt one of our sweet Pits.

Late this afternoon when Tony went to Medina to mail some letters for me, I went outside to take a picture of the partially peeled back sheets of tin, but I got scared when a gust hit me and pushed me backwards. So, unfortunately I have no pictures to show you.

The wild winds are supposed to drop down to 15 - 20 mph gusts around 7:00 this evening, so I am hoping that it will be much quieter sooner than later. The weatherman has just predicted that it will be real windy tomorrow and on Friday for our area, which this time, I hope he predicted wrong.

Due to our wild winds, that I can't ever remember ever experiencing out here, I guess we should wait until it all blows through, before getting a repairman out here to replace the four sheets of bent tin.

Tony just told me that a friend of ours, living in Utopia, has just posted on her Facebook that Utopia has lost its electric power due to the wild winds. So, I am going to count my blessings tonight and just hope that the electricity stays on. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: