Saturday, February 23, 2013

Best Book Signing @ The Best Little Library In Texas!

Today has been fabulous! Early this morning Tone and I went outside to do our chores. Then we came inside so we could get cleaned up for my 10:30 book signing, at the Best Little Library in Texas.

When we arrived at the library, Mary Ellen and the staff had made a beautiful display on my table, had made fresh coffee and sweets for everyone and had the chairs already arranged.


About ten minutes before the book signing I had the nicest surprise when Ann, a dear friend of mine since I was eight-years-old, who actually lives in New Mexico, walked in with her brother and his lovely wife. I just about fainted when I saw her. "Oh my goodness, Ann! I can't believe that you are here." After the howdies and hugs I introduced Ann and her sweet family to the audience and then told them a little background about Ann and me.

The book signing was totally awesome. A lot of people showed up for it. And I had a blast visiting with friends and the audience I actually forgot to do a reading. This is me signing a book for my dear friend and of me enjoying myself as I visited with the audience about my novella, The Cowgirl Sisterhood: The Membership Drive, Part I.



When Charlie Cooper walked in, I announced to the crowd that he and his wife Ellen were characters in my novella and I did the exact same thing when Fourth Coates walked in a little later.

I loved seeing my friends: Andy, Cary, Fourth, Charlie and his adorable father Mr. Cooper, who is ninety-three-years-old, Stacy, Dr. Lindstrom, Mary Ellen, Ann with her family and Steve and meeting the audience. All in all it was a good time and the best book signing @ the Best Little Library in Texas.
I want to thank Mary Ellen and everyone else who was involved in helping make my first book signing such a big success.

After the book signing ended we joined Ann, Lynn and Lola for lunch at the Highway 16 Cafe and Tony and I really enjoyed it. When we had finished our lunch our good friend Ann walked inside the cafe and said, "There you are, Nancy. I'm glad that I found you. I'm sorry that I didn't make your book signing. I was involved with a miniature burro rescue. I want to buy your book."

When Ann and I went outside to get a copy of my novella, we came back inside the cafe, so I could sign it to her. Then I introduced Ann to Ann and her family and asked her to join us. And by the time our fun visit was over, I told the two Anns, "I'm going to put you two Anns in one of my upcoming novellas. Probably in number three. Maybe as the good Ann and the bad Ann." And they laughed.

After we adios-ed everyone we came back home and I was and still am on Cloud Nine about the book signing. When I checked Carlton for any new messages, I had one from Carol, who has been feeling under the weather. "Nancy, I can't wait to hear how it went. I'll call you back, because I cannot wait to hear all about it. Bye." So, I picked up the phone, punched in Carol's number and told her all about it and she was thrilled for me.

And that is about it for today, because I am fixin' to pick and grin with Brandon for a few hours. I can't wait to play some music and to tell Kinky about my great book signing when he returns to the ranch later tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Eileen (Fab Four #3) said...

I am so happy for you, Nancy! And, I'm so sorry I missed your book signing on Saturday! I hope you will be having another one at Wolfmueller's Book Store and I'll be sure to attend that one! I will see you, Tone and all the dogs on Friday. Maybe the whole crew of vols, including the FAB Four, will be out to walk some dogs on Friday!