Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My First Wedding!

Today has been great sort of. This morning after we did our morning chores outside, I came inside and started making our lunch. A couple of hours later, we ate lunch. I had made us Cousin Nancy's Tortilla Soup, minus the tortillas, because we didn't have any and Cousin Nancy's Chicken Salad. And Tony loved it and he ate second helpings.

After returning several phone calls and e-mails, I went outside to take some pictures of our dogs, but thanks to M.I.R. (Mercury In Retrograde) my favorite, little camera, that I have had for six years was broken. When I turned it on, the lens would not come out, so I gave up and came back inside to recharge the battery, but hours later, after recharging the battery, it is still broken.

I don't plan to throw it away just yet, because maybe it will work again, after Mercury goes out of retrograde. Fortunately for me, I do have a nice little Canon that I can use, so I am not going to worry about it.

Late this afternoon, I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and to pick up a couple of his typed pages, so I could scan them and then e-mail them to James.

When I came back home I scanned the two pages and then tried to e-mail them, but Yahoo said their was an error and to please try again. Well, I tried and tried again to re-send it, but with no luck. When I called Kink, to tell him about it, he called James and then he called me back with another address to try.
Tried the new address, but still no luck.

And while this was going on, Tony walks into the big room smiling and says, "Looks like you're going to be marrying our friend Cindy, in May. On Facebook, she said, "That it would be so cool, if you married them." Congratulations. She said she will call and talk to you about it."

"Wow, that really is great news about Cindy getting married. It will be my first wedding! I can't wait..."

After we finished talking, I decided to try to try to resend the e-mail and this time it went through. Then I went back over to Kinky's to return the pages. While we were in the kitchen I told Kinky about my delicious, homemade soup and chicken salad and he seemed interested. "I can bring you some over if you want me to." Kinky started chuckling.

"That will make it your third trip over here in less than an hour."

Ten minutes later I was back over at the Lodge delivering him soup and salad in two Baggies." Just put these in your refrigerator until you are ready to eat. Pour the soup into a pan and heat it up....Let me know how you like the soup and salad." Then I came back home and started writing this. And that's about it for tonight, because I want to spend this evening writing.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: