Sunday, May 13, 2012

Spirit 3.3!

Today has been fantastic. After lunch we went to Kerrville to stock up on some groceries at H-E-B and among the groceries, we bought a jar of H-E-B's "That Green Sauce" that Denise, Debbie, Les and Craig had highly recommended we try.

When we got home, after we had put up our groceries, we opened the "That Green Sauce" jar to taste it and it was absolutely delicious, so we plan to use it on our eggs, in tacos and fajitas etc. If you want to try some, you can find it on the sauce isle, next to the BBQ sauces. But please note that the warning label on the jar warns, "Can Be Addictive."


After I had returned a couple of necessary phone calls, Tony and I drove down to the barn to load up my new, used Spirit 3.3 kayak, so I could take it down to the creek for my first maiden voyage, which I was a little bit nervous about. 


"Now, Tony. I am really going to need your help getting on and off this kayak," I said, as he carried my kayak down to the water. "I hope I don't sink..." And with Tony helping me keep my balance I got on my kayak, without falling or getting wet. Then he handed the paddle to me and launched (shoved) me offshore and that's when I instantly fell in love with kayaking.


After I had paddled upstream and downstream several times I returned to the shore, and as Tone helped me get off of the kayak, I invited him to try mine out, so he jumped on it, without needing me to help him and then he took off downstream and paddled around for awhile. 


When he returned to shore, he told me that he really liked my Dimensions Spirit 3.3 a lot, but he still liked his more.

When we returned to The Cabin I called Kinky, "Kink, I want you to know that I just went kayaking, down at the swimming hole and I love kayaking and I didn't get wet, drown or fall!" My news made him chuckle. Then we talked about him leaving tomorrow for New York City, for the book tour. And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Nancy, gotta share a recipe that you can claim as your own.

If you ever make pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, onions, jalapenos), put some sweet pickle juice on it and toss to coat. You won't be able to stop eating it, even if the peppers are hot! YUM!

This recipe is fresh from Andrews, in far West Texas where we NoMads trialed (in agility) recently. (Hey if you think this recipe sounds different, that town's eating places also serve pork & beans cake and pickle juice on ice!)