Monday, December 5, 2011

We Saw The Wall!

Today has been great. This afternoon we decided to eat a late lunch at Cal-Bob's Smoke Shack, before coming home. When we walked inside the crowded restaurant, Carol, Calvin's sweet wife, greeted us and then she said, "Y'all just missed seeing Eileen, June and Ellen..."

"Darn it," I said. "They told me that you have taken a portion of your wall to help our rescue ranch dogs get adopted and they told us that it was awesome."

"It's right over here," Carol said, as she pointed to it. So, Tony and I got up from our table to go see it and I about fainted, because Carol had put up a picture of everyone of our dogs, including their individual stories.

"I love it, Carol," I said. "It's so beautiful! I bet that it must have taken you days to print all of this up.

"I need some business cards, because a lot of people have been asking for one and nearly every one of our customers come over to look at the dogs..." A few minutes later, Calvin had our orders ready.

As we ate our delicious lunch, close to their closing time, Calvin came out of the kitchen and he and Carol started visiting with us and by the time we had finished eating lunch, Calvin gave us about thirty pounds of meat scraps to give to our dogs. "We love y'all," Calvin said. "If you want, I will save and freeze all of our leftover scraps of meat, from here on out and all you'll have to do is come by and pick them up."

I almost teared up, because that was so nice of him to offer to do that for our beautiful, rescued dogs and thinking of how much our dogs would enjoy eating the scraps for their treats, I said, "Yes! The dogs would love it and we love y'all..."

When we left Cal-Bob's Smoke Shack, we went to Home Depot to buy some more boards, or as Ronnie likes to call them, "sticks," because Tony and I love the way our new kitchen looks so much, we've decided to go ahead and do the big room, too and then our remodeling project will be finished and then we can start paying off our Home Depot charge card, as fast as we can.

Well, tomorrow Sandy and I have jury duty and I wish that I didn't, because now that I am all caught up with my paperwork I wanted to take tomorrow off, so we could get to working on the big room, putting up one board at a time, but thanks to M.I.R. it is not in the stars for me. But, the good news is—if they kick me out of the Court House, I can start on the big room tomorrow!

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

I know you can't do it, but if you can get a real mean look on your face, all the lawyers in the courtroom will pass you by because none of them want to use a real mean woman on the jury! LOL!!!! (I should know!)

Anonymous said...

Kitchen is most probably your family’s favourite haven so there shouldn’t be any doubt that you really should appear for a kitchen countertops with utmost elegance and quality.