Thursday, December 22, 2011

I Love Roy Rogers!

Today has been a really great day for me. This morning while we were outside doing our morning chores, I was thinking about Walter, the 6-7 year-old yellow Lab that Tony rescued on Tuesday from the Kerrville pound and how excited I was about us picking him up today and that was when I decided to change Walter's name.

When we came inside The Cabin I called Susan at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic. After greetings I said, "Susan, I need to change Walter's name, again." She laughed.

"Okay. Let's see, first it was Jake, that Tony named him, then you changed it to Walter. What is his new name?"

"Roy! Roy Rogers!"

The moment that I met Roy, in the lobby, he instantly stole my heart. When we brought him home—all of our dogs loved him, too. And here are a couple of pictures that Tony took of Roy & me.



Rick and Leisa have just arrived, so that is it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening, like we're fixin' to!"

5 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Since you rescued a dog and named him Roy Rogers, don't forget to enter RFD TVs contest for rescued dogs or cats (before Dec. 31) that are named Roy/Bullet! You could win a trip to the Rose Bowl Parade to see the Roy Rogers 100th birthday float following the 100 palomino horses!

I'm SO happy you got him! Give that fella a bunch of pats from the NoMads!

Merry Christmas!

Carol said...

He's adorable! I can't wait to meet him. He looks so sweet.

Richard Fogleman said...

Such a beautiful friendship. Just seeing his picture you can tell he has a simple laid back kind of life. Should fit in just well.
Long time lurker but first time commenter from up in Waco. Take care and have a great Christmas and Holiday season.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this is your first Roy Rogers dog! He fits his name perfectly and I know he will love living with whole clan of Parker/Simons! When should the Utopia Elves show up on Sunday morn? 9ish??? We'll bring the dessert for the dogs!

Anonymous said...

two faces that really are too cool for words. you and the roy are really going to make us grin next year. him on his back snoozing happy in the cabin is so peaceful. so glad to hear on the harley show that he is younger than you thought. nothing like a great dog being a best friend.