Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Toilet Paper!

Today has been fabulous. This morning after we did our chores outside, we adopted Little Sister aka Peggy, the darling little Chihuahua, to a lovely family!

Then, after an urgent phone call from Charity, at the Kerr County Animal Control, telling us about a beautiful, older yellow Lab that his time had run out and that today would be his last day in Texas, I told her to please hold him, because we would take him and she thanked us and said she would, so after telling Tony all about it—he grabbed my camera and then jumped into Buttermilk and off they went to the pound, so I could stay home to clean The Cabin, because our dear friends Leisa and Rick are coming up, from Port A., to visit us on Thursday, for a few days.

While I was cleaning up our master bathroom, with a plastic garden tub, I realized that we were nearly out of toilet paper, so I called Susan, at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, "Hi, Susan. This is Nancy over at the rescue ranch. Is Tony there?"

"No, not yet. What's up?"

"Good. He's rescuing a Lab from the pound, that was going to be put down today and they should be there in just a few minutes. This dog needs to be neutered, shots, wormed and do anything else that he needs and I need to ask you a favor."

"Okay."

"When Tony gets there please ask him to pick up some toilet paper, because we are nearly out." Then I started laughing and so did Susan.

"Sure, I'll tell him..."

Forty-five minutes later, T. walked inside the trailer, I mean The Cabin, carrying a jumbo pack of Scott Super Soft toilet paper and I was thrilled beyond belief. "Did you take some pictures of the Lab for me?" I asked, because I had asked him to shoot him, because I've really been missing our old Thunder and was seriously thinking about adopting him—sight unseen.

"Yes, but I only got to take one picture of him, because your battery died and you're going to have to charge up the battery, before you can see him. It's not a great picture, because I only got his head..."

While my camera's battery was charging, Carol called me to invite us over for dinner tonight with Lorri and Jeff. "Jeff and Lorri are in Kerrville right now buying groceries for our dinner and they want to come see the rescue ranch, before y'all come over. And, Jeff told me to tell you to bring your guitar, so y'all can jam again..."

One hour later, Lorri and Jeff arrived at our rescue ranch. "Y'all come on inside, so we can show you how we have cheaply copy-catted Carol's ranch house. Before they had walked inside The Cabin—Mama had fallen deeply in love with Jeff and she wouldn't leave him alone—constantly begging for him to pet her.

Lorri and Jeff loved The Cabin and they really enjoyed getting a private viewing of T.'s Photography Hallway and they thought the bed that Tone made for us, after we got married, was absolutely awesome, as I do too.

Then I quickly plugged my guitar into my amp and Jeff sang us a song that he has written about me and it was so hilarious. Then he sang us a beautiful song, that he has recently written, that almost made me tear up.

Because they needed to get home, because their groceries were in the car, I gave them a quick tour of my writing cabin and they loved it too, but not as much as I do.

As soon as they had left, I came inside The Cabin and put the recharged battery back into my camera, so I could look at Walter, my soon-to-be, new forever friend and I teared up, because I know that Thunder has sent him to me. "Thank you, Thunder Bunder. I love you and I sure do miss you, girl."



Early this evening, Buttermilk took us over to Carol's ranch and we had so much fun with them tonight and our dinner that Carol, Lorri and Jeff prepared was absolutely delicious. During dinner Lorri started telling us about them going to Wolfmueller's Books today and what an awesome bookstore it was and meeting the friendly owners. "Those are our good friends Sandy & Jon, that we told you about, that we went out to Big Bend with in September," I said. "We love them and their bookstore is the best kept secret in Texas..."

After dinner, Jeff and I started pickin' and grinnin' again and I enjoyed playing with him so much, because he is a much better guitarist than me and playing with him has made me a better picker. "Thank you, Jeff Severson!"

Tomorrow Lorri and Jeff are leaving Carol's to go spend Christmas with her family in North Texas and hopefully tomorrow we can go to Kerrville to pick up Walter, so we can give him a forever home. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

5 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

That is WAYYYYY too awesome about Walter! You may not believe it but just last night I looked up the Kerrville Animal Shelter's online site for my first time ever and immediately thought Walter's face that's all they had on their website too - a picture of his face) was so beautiful and poignant and that he deserved to be saved from that shelter! I can't imagine how he could have done better than to have landed in your cabin! WOW! Congratulations to Walter and to you and Tony!

cousin nancy said...

Hi, Mari! I cannot wait to meet my Walter! And that is so cool that you checked him out online. Today he was neutered and tomorrow, before Rick and Leisa arrive we are going to run some errands in Kerrville and then pick him up and bring him to his final forever home. Our dogs are going to fall in love with him and so are we.

Thank you for the comment and please come see us when you can so you can meet Walter and see The Cabin. Merry Christmas to you and David and the fabulous NoMads!

Brenda James said...

Dearest Nancy,
This is my last chance to say hi before I go traipsing across Texas. I wanted to tell you, Tony and, of course, Kinky, too, that I wish for you all a very happy holiday season, and Happy New Year!!
Here is a little cheer to help brighten your day...
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/b4_EdJ-XkUA?rel=0
Many hugs,
Brenda James

cousin nancy said...

Thank you, Brenda. We loved the video and we wish you the bes!t holidays ever!

Mari of the NoMads said...

One last thing Nancy - do we need to take up a collection so you and Tony can bathe in something besides a plastic garden tub in your cabin?

(At least that's how I read what you wrote about your master bathroom...)

(wink)