Friday, October 22, 2010

Hi, Robert and Cathie Schloss!

Today has been a lot of fun. This morning at seven forty-five after I drank my smoothie and Tony had eaten his breakfast we jumped in Buttermilk and headed to Kerrville, so Ellen Jackson and her dog Jermaine Jackson, that she adopted from us back in April and Sharon Griswold of Rover Misbehaving and I could do the Hill Country Today show on KVHC with host Andy Magee to talk about our upcoming Adoption and Dog Training Seminar at the rescue ranch on November 6th.

When we arrived at the television station we were two minutes late, because Tony had to stop and get a cup of coffee at the Mini Mart. Our great friends / volunteers Ellen and Jermaine, Sharon, June Harley and Eileen Gotke were inside the station waving to us outside. And Jermaine looked so handsome in his orange bandana. Here is a great picture of Jermaine that Tony took of him after the show.
The thirty minute show was a lot of fun, because Andy Magee made us feel so comfortable and at ease. In other words—she was good. Ellen and Sharon did a great job talking about Jermaine, our rescue ranch, the upcoming dog adoption and training seminar and dog training and I was okay. Jermaine was so cool, calm and collected—he amazed all of us and everyone was so proud of him. He has really come a long way conquering his fears one by one.

Halfway through the taping, during a commercial break Bryant had to adjust a microphone on a table right next to me because the the sound engineer was hearing strange sounds. Luckily, five seconds before we went back on the air the problem was fixed and we finished the show. Here is a short video clip of us doing the Hill Country Today show with Andy. And here is a picture that Tone took of us during the show.

When the show ended we stood up and thanked Andy, Bryant and Roland, the fine folks at KVHC for having us on, then we went outside to visit. 
From left to right: June, Sharon, me, Jermaine with Ellen and Jermaine and Eileen's back.

In no time at all we got to laughing, because these women have the best sense of humor. We laughed and teased Sharon about her black slacks that were covered in Jermaine's dog hair that Tony took a picture of. Then the topic changed to the microphone problem.

"My stomach started growling when the show started. I guess I should have ate something, instead of drinking a smoothie for breakfast," I said. Then everyone started laughing. 

Then one of them says, "It was your stomach causing the sound problem! Not the microphone!" As they continued to laugh I thought about it and realized they were right. Ten minutes later T. and I said goodbye to everyone and then we took off to run a few errands before meeting back up with them at the Kerrville Daily Times at ten o'clock to be interviewed about our event by their nice and friendly reporter Tim Sampson.

Our first stop was at Hoegemeyer's Animal Clinic to pick up some medicine. Then we went and early voted for the upcoming election. And our last stop was at H-E-B to fill up Buttermilk. When we pulled up to the newspaper building so did Sharon, June, Ellen and Eileen. 

Tim was running ten minutes late, so we sat in the waiting area and traded funny stories about our pasts until Tim arrived. Then he took us back to a conference room and closed the door and interviewed us and that was fun. Thirty minutes later we left the building and went our separate ways.

On our way to Walmart to get the oil changed Tony started teasing me about my stomach growling during the TV show, so I joked back in self-defense, "Tony, I couldn't help it. They should have done a sound check on me." Then my stomach growled back in agreement.

This afternoon around three o'clock, we had a nice surprise—Marcie and Donna Schloss came over for a short, but fun visit! First, we went into the Space Ship and then we went into Outer Space and did a lot of laughing, because Donna and Marcie are very witty people. When it was time for them to leave I said to Donna, "I got an e-mail from your brother Robert today. I love his photography."

"He's an incredibly talented photographer," Donna said, as we descended the front porch steps. "Tell him and Cathie I said, "Hi."" And I did after they left.

Tomorrow morning I am going to Ronnie's and Nita's house in Dripping Springs for his "2nd Annual Family Reunion of Cousins" and I am really looking forward to it, but I won't be posting a blog tomorrow night. Because tomorrow is our Open House, Tony can't go and I am sick about it. Please wish me luck in driving up there by myself without getting lost. 

I want to thank the great folks at KVHC in Kerrville and Tim Sampson at the Kerrville Daily Times for helping our rescue ranch. You're the best and we love you!

Y'all have a great evening! And please come to our 1st Annual Dog Adoption and Training Seminar event on November 6th. It will be a blast!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

That was a fun morning! Tell Tony I LOVE the picture of Jermaine. He looks happy.