Saturday, October 9, 2010

The East Kerr 4-H Club Really Rocks!

Today has been so much fun, but before I tell you about it I am proud to announce that my very first watercolor painting, "Canyon of Forgetting" was auctioned off last night to the highest bidder with 50% of the proceeds going directly to help our Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch and the other half going to help Tony's and my retirement fund, which has so much money in it—we should be able to retire when we are eighty years young.  : ) Actually, I am just kidding—we're looking at seventy-two if we don't die first. (Laugh out loud)

Kinky loves "Canyon of Forgetting" and he told me two days ago, that it had reached out and touched him, so last night I kept him posted every time that I checked on the bidding and it was pretty exciting. A little past ten o'clock I punched in his number, "Kink, the auction just ended and you're not going to believe this!"

"How much?"

"Fifty-seven dollars and seventy-seven cents. I can't believe it! I don't understand the seventy-seven cents part, but..."

"Nance, that is absolutely amazing for your very first painting to sell for that much! I'm serious. You must keep painting..." After Kinky's pep talk we said goodnight to each other and then I went to bed.

This morning the members of the East Kerr 4-H Club arrived at nine o'clock sharp to volunteer to walk our dogs for us and I hope the club had as much fun as we did. First off, I gave a tour of the rescue ranch and introduced them to every dog and then told them each dog's story and then Lisa showed up just in time, to volunteer for the dog walking. Thank you, Lisa! We could not have done it without you.

Two hours later all of our dogs had been walked and were back in their pens with their tails wagging. Before the greatest 4-H club in Texas left, we thanked them for doing such a great job and asked them to please come back, then I gave everyone a signed copy of my new book, a copy of our 2010 newsletter and our "In Dogs We Trust" bumper sticker and then Tony took these pictures of us. Thank you, Tony.


Tony and I really hope that the East Kerr 4-H'ers come back, because we were so impressed with them. Thank you, East Kerr 4-H Club! Please come back, because y'all rock big time! Here is a short video clip of the East Kerr 4-H Club that Tone took.

For lunch today because T. was starving I made "Bear Creek Tortilla" soup for the very first time. Tone loves my trailer-made tortilla soup, but the other day when we were in H-E-B I decided to buy a packet and give it a try and am I glad that I did because, it was delicious and Tony, Ben, Kinky and I loved it. I highly recommend it, because all you have to do is add 8 cups of water and cook for fifteen minutes and it makes a half gallon of delicious soup!

Late this afternoon before Ben took off to go back to Austin he came inside the trailer and announced, "I want you to know that I just left y'all another brick of Miles of Chocolate in the freezer outside..." What a perfect way to end a day. We love you, Ben!

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Roger said...

Congratulations on the painting! I was impressed when I saw the first one. I'm still amazed that the pricless plastic typwriter with the non working "F" only brought $50.00. Have you had a chance to try the leash on Mr. Rogers?
Roger