Friday, October 5, 2007

What?

Early this morning Jennifer Lee Pryor called from Los Angeles and we had a nice chat. She told me that she is currently working on a movie about the life of her late husband, Richard Pryor. After catching up with each other she asked me if we could help her rescue some Pit Bulls up near Tyler, Texas. Unfortunately, I had to tell her no, because we are full and have no extra space at this time. Jennifer understood of course, and she told me that she plans on coming out to Texas soon, whenever she can get a break—to visit us. I can’t wait and am looking forward to it!

Around ten o’clock this morning, Tony and John had come to the trailer to discuss one of the dogs. Following that discussion I said to them, “I talked to Jennifer Pryor a little while ago and she wanted to know if we could help her rescue some Pit Bulls that needed rescuing in Tyler.”

“Thailand?” John quickly quipped. “What? You’ve got to be kidding me? How in the world can...”

“John, Tyler, Tyler, Texas.” I said. “Not Thailand.”

We all broke out laughing.

“Tony then jokingly remarks, “Sure Jennifer, we can go to Thailand, John can drive the van and pick them up. What will it take, four or five months? John, you can do it can’t you?”

We couldn’t quit laughing.

“Piece of cake,” John said between laughs. “I’ll get right on it and Google the directions!”

“John,” I said, pointing to the kitchen floor, “Cake is a four-letter-flour word around here.”

The phone rang and we were laughing so hard I had to let the machine catch the call.

When we had finally quit laughing, Tony said dryly, “See John, I’m right. I told you, Nance really does sound like Gabby Hayes on helium.”

All John could do was nod his head and smile.

2 comments:

Mary S. said...

Nancy, this is Mary S., John's mom. I love reading your blog and having more of a look into what is going on with John and all of you at the ranch. John just told me about it.
Lots of luck with all the wonderful things you do,
Mary

cousin nancy said...

hi mary, great to hear from you and thank you for the note...we are so lucky to have john working with us!