Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!


So far, today has not gone south on me. In fact, I just received an e-mail from my great friend, Fay McLachlan, telling me I had more good birthday wishes and to please check out this site:

http://www.dwightyoakam.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=12505

I couldn’t believe it! While I was on the phone talking to my brother, Ron, I checked out the site above, while he was telling me a funny fishing story. When up pops Dwight’s site and Dwight Yoakam’s fans were posting notes on Dwight’s site, wishing me a happy birthday! I ended up interrupting my brother and told him to go to this site now and then I accidentally hung up on him. Talk about honored! I am fixing to call Kinky and tell him my exciting news about being on Dwight’s site and then I am calling Ron back!

2 comments:

DY_Goddess said...

Does this mean I get into your Secret Club?! I am pretty good at keeping secrets. Well, not really. LOL!! Glad your birthday ROCKED!

Anonymous said...

A very happy belated birthday to you, Cousin Nancy. You share a birthday with my best friend as well as one of my close cousins. I enjoyed speaking with Kinky and Rev. Goat last Thursday in Boerne. Kinky said I should bring my daughter out to the Ranch. She'd love it. It's just a short jog from the Cowboy Capital where we live. I've seen a lot of sweet faces on the website.

Our newest kitty, Millie, showed up at our house in early July. She was only about 4 weeks old. Last March, we went to dinner in Tarpley and came home with a puppy. We have a saying at our house, "We don't look for them. They find us."

Needless to say, I appreciate what y'all do for all those critters at the Ranch, especially on such a grand scale. I hope we can make it out there soon.

All the best to you, and a very happy birthday.

Kim B.
Cowboy Capital, TX