Sunday, March 3, 2019

Cush Job!

Today has been great. The dogs and I slept in late on purpose, because Tony and I had no place we needed to be at and we had nothing planned for today, because of the anticipated Arctic front that I think is starting to blow in right now.

This morning after drinking two cups of coffee, showering, dressing and making up the bed, I was already tired of nothing to do and nowhere to go, so I decided to make use of my stuck-in-the  Cabin-time, since it was too cold (45 degrees) outside.

So, I decided to reupholster the cushions for my chair in the soon-to-be-finished writing cabin. I enlisted Tony to please get my sewing machine, off the shelf in the closet.


Then while Tony went to The Mother Ship (my little RV) to fetch the upholstery fabric for me, I went out to the cabin and carried in the paisley covered cushions. 


When Tony returned with the fabric, he asked, "How old is this stuff?" I wasn't sure, but I did remember it was at least 2-3 years old and then I found this Home Town Crafts tag attached to the fabric. And please note that the picture below I changed the true color of the fabric to black & white, because when I do finally finish decorating the cabin—it will be sort of a surprise. 


Anyway, I could not read what month it was, but it did show that I had purchased it on the 20th day of a month, in 2015. 

I enjoyed sewing the new cushion covers, because sewing is still easy for me to do, but mainly because I was listening to some of my favorite music. And here is a picture of my cush job project, before Tony and I returned them to the chair, in my writing cabin.


It is 4:48 and I now know that the Arctic front has found Big Foot Ranch, because the temperature outside has rapidly dropped six degrees. All day it has been holding at 45 degrees outside and now it is 39 degrees.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: