Monday, December 17, 2018

Solar Lights!

Today was great and yes, I performed my new habit "Today is going to be great" the first thing this morning. And yes, our dogs wagged their tails as they watched me and that brought me love and joy.

This morning while I was drinking my second cup of delicious coffee, which by the way was not Donut Shop coffee that we've been enjoying drinking for many years, I came across this quote. I liked the message so much that I am going to share it with y'all. And if it helps just one person feel better out there—mission accomplished.


For those who cannot read Nigel Marsh's quote, it says:

"There are thousands and thousands of people out there living lives of quiet, screaming desperation who work long, hard hours at jobs they hate, to enable them to buy things they don't need to impress people they don't like."

And just so you'll know, about six months ago, we started drinking Taster's Choice coffee and we love it for four reasons.

      1. It is is absolutely delicious 
      2. It is a lot cheaper than buying K-Cups
      3. It is helping not pollute the environment
      4. We cannot believe it is instant coffee

Late this morning I was cleaning up the big room and I found an unopened Home Depot sack, behind a jacket and inside to my surprise was this box of solar, changing color/white LED light string that we purchased several months ago.


So after we decided where to string them, we strung them and I love them. Here are some pictures I took after we had put them up and set up the small solar panel, in our flower pot (bucket) next to the front yard gate.




This afternoon we went to Kerrville and ran a few errands that included buying a couple of Secret-Santa Christmas presents for our friends at Escondida, buying trash bags at Home Depot and picking up a few groceries.

When we got back home, as we were getting out of the truck, I looked up and the sun was starting to set behind The Cabin and there was this beautiful rainbow colored ring around it—something we've never seen.

So we grabbed our cameras and started taking pictures. None of my turned out good enough to show the beautiful ring and my best picture out of 20 shots is this one. And even though it does not show the rainbow ring it still is a pretty cool picture, because of all of the orbs floating around. 


I believe in orbs and I absolutely love them, because they bring positive energy and protections. So I guess you could say we're covered in that area. Here are a just four pictures that Tony caught of the rainbow ring around the sun. And they are beautiful.





After our unplanned solar photo shoot, I leashed up Roy and was going to take him for a short walk around Big Foot Ranch. Tony was raking up some leaves near by and a few piles of dog poop and when he saw us he asked us to please pose for him and this is the picture that he took of me and my faithful, loving companion. "I love you, Roy!" And please note that I am wearing my famous jacket that Jack wears in my favorite TV show—Heartland.


Well, it almost dark outside and time for me to post this, but before I finish writing I am going to step outside and take a picture of our solar lights, so you can see them in action. I'll be right back.

And here it is!


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the lights! I have a small string of solar Christmas lights and I do love them, they're just not very bright - though that may be due to being over 4 years old!

Cousin Nancy, now you need a Chiminea on your porch - nice for romantic times looking at the lights and just enjoying peaceful evenings and nature.

Have a good night.... and keep on blogging when you can.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anon! I love other's chiminea, but I am a fan of sitting around a ring of fire, where you can see the fire from all angles. In fact, that's why we bought us a fire ring on sale, because it is so special to sit around a campfire and dream with friends.

Thank you for your comment and being patient with my long over due posts. Merry Christmas and may the new year bring peace, love and happiness.