Saturday, November 10, 2018

Becky Crouch Patterson! or Zooming! or The Mineral Man!

Today has been a lot of fun. I spent about four hours this morning writing on my upcoming third novella The Cowgirl Sisterhood: Riders In The Sand, but I had to stop writing for two reasons.

Reason one—my neck and shoulders were aching. Reason two—I was laughing so much writing the scene, my back was aching worse than my neck and shoulders put together, because I was laughing so much.

Knowing that I must take a writing break Tony and I decided to go to Kerrville to get some groceries, at the big H-E-B.

But before we went grocery shopping, a chore Tony never enjoys doing, we decided to drop by Wolfmueller Books, so we could visit with Sandy & Jon and catch up with each others latest news.

When we walked inside the world's greatest bookstore Jon & Sandy greeted us. Then I immediately was drawn to this book display near the front counter.


"I love this book," I said. Then I picked it up to admire the intriguing front cover.


"This is a great book and it just arrived," Sandy told us. "In fact, Becky Crouch Patterson just delivered them to us and she signed all of these first editions for us. Do you know Becky?"

"No, but I wish I did."

"She's a fabulous author and a good friend of ours. She is Hondo Couch's daughter and she has also written several other great books...."

And a few minutes later, I said, "I love Luckenbach, Texas and I want to buy this book."

As I was paying for Luckenbach Texas: The Center of the Universe Sandy said, "You are the very first one to buy this book from us..."

Then Jon says, "Looks like the parade is about to start."

So Tony and I followed Sandy outside, so we could join all of the other onlookers watching the Veterans' Day Parade, come down Earl Garrett Street. And it was a lot of fun. Here are just a few pictures of the parade that I took using my iPhone.

In this photo, a man inside the pickup saw me and as he passed by us, he hollered, "Are you zooming?"

Then the people around me turned to look at me, and I half-hollered, "Yes!" And after The Ranch truck and trailer passed by us, two nice women, standing beside Sandy turned around and asked me, "What does zooming mean?"

"Heck if I know," I replied. "I've never heard of it either." 




After several other floats and parade entries passed by us I heard a familiar voice holler from the street, "Hey, Nancy! Tony! Sandy!" And as we waved back to The Mineral Man, and while Sandy was thanking a very friendly WWII Veteran, I snapped this picture of our dear friend riding on the Hill Country Shrine Club of Kerrville, Texas float.



When the parade ended, the three of us went back inside Sandy & Jon's bookstore to find Jon covered up with customers. So we quietly adios-ed our friends and left them to help their customers find books.

Our shopping spree at the big H-E-B was uneventful, unless you think us forgetting that we had accidentally parked in the designated "Curb Service Only" parking spaces. We parked in the "H" space.

And we did not realize that we had done that until we returned to the pickup with a grocery cart full of groceries. "Oh my gosh," Tony said. "I bet people are hating us for doing this."

"Don't worry about it," I remarked, casually. "They'll just laugh and call us two, old, stupid, senior citizens. I can live with that...."

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: