Thursday, April 19, 2018

Illustrations From The Last Century by Steve Pietzsch, May 28th Reception!

Today has been great. Rick left this morning and we really enjoyed seeing him.

Last night, during Happy Hour, Rick and Tony urged me to take a picture of our Made In Texas plumbing lamp and put it on eBay or Etsy to see if it would sell.

I balked at their suggestion, and said, "Our one-of-a-kind plumbing lamp, that I truly love, cost me over $50.00 to make."

"Then put a $100.00 price tag on it," Rick pressed on. "Then see if anyone will buy it."

After we had quit laughing about it, I said, "No, because it is not cost effective. I can't afford the labor."

"Nancy," Rick teased. "Come on. If someone buys it—Tony and I will stay up until midnight making them."

"I think you should do it too, Nance," Tony said.

"Okay, let me think about it," I lied. And I left it at that.

Here is some great news about another dear friend Steve Pietzsch. On Saturday, April 28th, from 2 PM until 4 PM, the Kerr Arts & Cultural Center, in Kerrville, will be hosting a reception for some of Steve's awesome 70s, 80s and 90s painting assignments, various commercial projects, magazine and book illustrations, etc.

Steve's Illustrations From The Last Century art show runs from April 26th until May 20th, so please mark your calendars to be at this fun event.

Steve Pietzsch is one of our all-time favorite artists, so Tony and I will definitely be going to his reception. And we will be promptly be there, at 2:00, so we can hopefully be one of the first people to get inside and purchase a piece of Steve's art.

Speaking of Steve's fabulous art, on March 4th, when Steve was over here helping Andy put up our rain gutters, before adios-ing us Steve had roughed-out a quick sketch to help Tony and me understand how we should go about hooking up our rain harvesting system.

Anyway, when Steve handed me his 30 - 45 second sketch—I immediately asked Steve to please sign and date it for me, so I could frame it and then brag to our friends about us being proud owners of some of his fabulous art.

Steve thought it was hilarious and he laughed at my request, before he quickly scribbled his name and dated the sheet of paper aka our first piece of Steve's art.


Since then I have framed it myself, but I still have not decided where we should hang it, until now. So it now proudly hangs, on the big room's wall, below the picture of Big Foot Wallace, that Steve framed and gave to Tony, many years ago.


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Mary Sanders said...

Nancy, I'm impressed with all the great projects that you have done for your new home! I'm now buying all the stuff to do projects for my house and workshop. I hope the inspiration carries thru to completion, or I'll have to build another shop to store the stuff I got to build to organize. Love the lamp. Sounds great to build and sell them, but then it becomes a job, and creates stress, and then it isn't fun, and you are retired! Just a thought.
Maybe you could do a youtube video on how to make it.
Stay inspired!
Mary

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mary! You sound like a very busy woman and it is so cool that you have all of these projects for your home and workshop. I am thrilled that you love the lamp, too.

I've decided to make one more lamp, so yesterday I bought the "components" necessary to build the lamp. And today I just might finish it, if Tony is up to taking apart another lamp shade.