Thursday, December 7, 2017

Weather Reports!

Since the last couple of days have been pretty quiet, I am going to give a few weather reports. Because, believe it or not it is actually snowing here and it is starting to stick!

It started lightly snowing here, around 4:00 and that was when Ronnie (my super great brother) called me to tell me that it was snowing, at his & Nita's Ponderosa Ranch, in Dripping Springs.

After adios-ing Ronnie, the phone rang again and this time it was our good friend Chet O'Keefe. "....We've already gotten over 3 inches of snow (in Terlingua). There is a blizzard going on here. The winds are gusting up to 60mph and it is snowing so hard right now, you can't see the mountains.... "

Right after Chet and I adios-ed each other, Tony went outside to check on the dogs and to check on the water pipes, so I let our dogs go outside, grabbed my camera and I took a few pictures of to prove it was snowing.

But the snowflakes didn't show up very good, so I took this picture, of an old pair of my pink, beloved, retired boots, that Tony had found outside, in the front yard. Because a few days ago sneaky, Henry Standing Bear, had found them, inside the closet and he had snuck them outside, so he could entertain himself by chewing them up.

So this proves that it is really snowing here and that Henry has a thing about pink boots, too.


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Hi, Nancy - you need to tell Chet that it was snowing so hard on IH-10 about 5 pm as I drove back to Mountain Home that you couldn't see the hills here either!

I left home at 4 pm and returned at 5:30 and hardly recognized the place all coated in the white stuff (the legal kind, ok?)!

LOTS of snow here - I hope it's still there come morning so I can get the camera out and take a few snapshots!

Stay warm and cozy!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! Thank you for your weather report. I will definitely let Chet know.