Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Out-Of-Town Friends!

This past week has flown by so fast, because we've been so busy working/remodeling the cabin, doing our rescue ranch chores, spending quality time with many of our dear friends, etc.

But I guess the real reason for time flying by so fast is because I am now 66 years old. Or better said, "This upcoming Halloween, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas day will be my 66th." And if you think about it that is pretty exhausting to say the least.

This past Saturday the East Kerr 4-H Club came out to volunteer for us and it was so much fun for Tony and me and our dogs. We love the East Kerr 4-H Club, because these super-cool, dedicated kids are doing great volunteer work.

While they were out here we walked dogs, down to the creek, with them and after that they helped Tony with a fencing project. And if we hadn't had their help with the fencing it would have taken Tony and me at least four hours to do what they accomplished in just one hour. So before I go any further I want to thank the members of the East Kerr 4-H Club. And here are a couple of pictures that I took when we went walking with them.



In an earlier post I mentioned that I was going to sew curtains for the cabin, after the East Kerr 4-H Club came out, but it turns out that I lied, because instead of playing "Susie Homemaker" (Where in the heck did that phrase come from?) and sewing the curtains—Tony and I went back over the the cabin and worked until dark-thirty. And we spent most of Sunday working, over at the cabin, too. 

The reason why we worked so hard was because we knew that our good friend Chet O'Keefe and his faithful dog, Willie, were coming to see us, on Tuesday and they were staying with us until Saturday, because Chet has a gig to play Saturday night, at the famous Starlight Theater, in Terlingua. 

And also coming to see us on Tuesday, were our great Fredericksburg friends, Stephen K. Morris & Eva Robinett and they were bringing our mutual Norwegian friends, Hans & Marita and Hans & Marita were bringing their daughter Servenen (spell check there) and her boyfriend Casper, who had flown over, from England, to meet their Texas friends. Anyway, Tony and I were determined to get a lot of work done, so we could show off our soon-to-be cozy cabin. So here is what Tony and I accomplished, before yesterday afternoon.




As planned Stephen & Eva, Marita & Hans and Servenen & Casper arrived, at 1:30 and they brought along Jimmy, their musician friend, who is a singer/songwriter, plays an awesome guitar and harmonica and who also used to perform with Travis Tritt. (I can't remember Jimmy's last name, even though he gave me one of his latest CDs for a birthday present. So tomorrow when we are over, at the property, I will pick it up and bring it home and let you know who this famous musician is.)  

And when they arrived they surprised me, because they were throwing me a surprise birthday party and even Tony did not know about it.

Well, as soon as they arrived Tony and I started giving them a tour of the cabin and by the time we made it out to the beautiful back porch, Tony says, "Chet's here!"

"He is?" I asked, because I figured Chet would be arriving around 3:00 or so.

"Yeah," Tony remarked. "There's Willie..." And that is when our super-fun party began and to my surprise, our friends brought all kinds of delicious food, refreshments and my birthday cake.

After the howdies, hugs and handshakes we gave everyone a full tour of the cabin and the property and everyone fell in love with our place and they were very happy for us, but not nearly as happy as Tony and I are about getting the property. 

After the tour we broke out our musical instruments and we had a great time jamming, for several hours, in our front yard. And I ended up taking a break and took these pictures of our jam session.




I could write so much more about fun party with our dear out-of-town (and country) friends, but I think that I've written about enough for now, because I am pooped and I still need to start gathering up a bunch of stuff, for me to sell, at Ellen's and June's gigantic garage sale, which will be happening this coming Saturday.

In fact, Tony and I are so tired tonight, we stayed home to rest, while Chet and Stephen are performing, at the Western Edge Cellars, in Fredericksburg.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't remember where the phrase Susie Homemaker came from? :) It was a line of little girl play kitchens from our younger days. Susie From Fort Worth. :) https://i.pinimg.com/736x/3f/32/3b/3f323bfcaeebb5b225e9d82f6bd26514--washer-dryer-sets-washers.jpg

cousin nancy said...

Hi Cousin Susie! Thanks for the info. I never had one of those kid kitchens to play/cook with. Ronnie and I just burnt stuff in the oven.