Friday, August 4, 2017

Tony's Surprise "Over The Hill" Birthday Party!

Today has been so much fun, because this past week I've been secretly scheming, behind Tony's back, with Eileen and our great friends/dog-walking-volunteers.

Earlier this week sweet Eileen sent me an e-mail, wanting to give Tony a surprise birthday party, at the Medina Highpoint Resort's Koyote Grill and she also offered to bring his birthday cake. I loved her idea, so we set the wheels in motion.

Then Eileen and I secretly invited all of our great friends/dog-walking-volunteers to come to Tony's surprise birthday party today, even though his real birthday is actually this coming Sunday.

Eileen and I were thrilled with our good friend's response—everyone was going to come to it, except for our friends that are currently out-of-town vacationing.

It is very hard for people to surprise Tony and we did it! In fact, this morning Tony came inside The Cabin, and said, "Jim & Diane and Dawn are outside and want to join us for lunch. Where do you want to go?"

I casually looked up, from my computer, and said, "Let's go to Koyote. Around 11:30." And with that said Tony went back outside to tell everyone where we were going to eat lunch.

A few minutes later Tony came back inside, and announced, "Everyone is fine with that, but Jim told me that he was hoping that we'd go to Fuddrucker's for a change."

And my response was casual again, "Hmm." Even though I actually wanted to laugh out loud, because Jim was helping us "pull the wool" over Tony's eyes and Tony had fallen for it.

Around 11:30, Tony and I walked inside the Koyote Grill and our great friends hollered, "Surprise! Happy Birthday Tony!" And Tony had the funniest look on his face, because he was totally surprised.
And before Tony and I went to place our orders, Lisa said, "Happy Birthday, Tony! Your and Nance's lunch is on me today and I've already paid for it."

After Tone and I thanked Lisa for treating us to lunch. I pulled out my cell phone and snapped this picture of Eileen's cute "Over The Hill" chocolate birthday cake for Tony, that she had ordered from the little H-E-B, in Kerrville.


Our lunch was a lot of fun and it was filled with non-stop laughter. And Tony's birthday cards were hilarious. And Kris' & Jim aka "The Mineral Man's" birthday card got the award for giving Tony the funniest birthday card of all.

After we finished eating lunch, Kay, Dawn and Eileen helped light the black & white OVER THE Hill candles, on top of Tony's delicious birthday cake. And Lisa took this short, 15 second video, of us singing happy birthday to him, before Tony blew out the candles.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: