Thursday, August 24, 2017

Sausage Dogs!

The last few evenings I've spent reading this hilarious book by Alexander McCall Smith. I've never heard of Mr. Alexander McCall Smith, which isn't saying a lot, because I am the first to admit that I am not well-read.

Anyway, this book The Finer Points Of Sausage Dogs was given to me by Kinky. Because the other day when I was, over at the Lodge, visiting with him, he got a phone call and went to his office to take the call, so I found this interesting looking book, laying on top of his kitchen table and I started reading it. So after Kinky finished his phone call I asked him if he would loan it to me.


Kinky said yes, so I took the book home with me and I've had a total blast reading it. And come to find out Mr. Alexander McCall Smith is a very famous, international author. So I hope that you'll check him out and his many famous books that he has written.

It is now 4:34 and it appears that we might be unplugging everything soon, due to some possible heavy rain. So before I post this and unplug our devices I want you to know that today has been great.

Late this morning we went, over to the property and I asked Aaron to please help me finish putting together the kitchen counter that I've been working on. Because when I started building it, a while back, I mainly used some of our recycled wood and a couple of the 4"x4" legs I used were pretty warped and twisted. Bottom   Line: Thank goodness Aaron helped me out, because I could not have done it all by myself.

This afternoon before we called it a day, over at the property, we shoved the soon to be finished kitchen counter up to the metal, kitchen wall, which soon will be replaced with wood and then we placed our new kitchen sink, on the counter top and put my pretty, painted boards on top of it, so we could see how it would look when we finished it. 

I know I need to get some more 2'x4's to stain and then use them to line the open-bottom shelves. And I know that I need to cut back the length of the painted boards to make them all fit perfectly, but I want to show you what we did get done today, because I am already in love with the homemade kitchen counters. And please visualize the soon-to-be wood-covered walls behind it and the two bottom shelves which will be stained 2'x4's. 


And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Nancy! I'm going to check out the book about sausage dogs! Hope you're not going to get too wet! Check out a story about our friends' cat Bubba on HubPages under dogmama58. Our friend said I write too many short stories about dogs and not enough about cats. Big hugs to you! Judy W

cousin nancy said...

Hi Judy! I love your writing and I just finished reading your story. Write On!

Anonymous said...

Be safe through Harvey.. It's been bad here in South tx