Sunday, April 30, 2017

On A Roll!

Yesterday was so much fun. Friday morning our great friends/dog-walking volunteers came out and walked our dogs for us. Then all of us went to the Apple Store, in Medina, to eat lunch together and to celebrate Chris' and Suzanne's April birthdays.

Eileen brought the cutest, themed birthday cake for them and it was absolutely delicious, but too fattening when we topped it off with the Cider Mill's tasty apple ice cream.


And I didn't complain about my high calorie count intake, but my jeans sure did, on our way back home. To say the least, "It was pretty painful."

Later in the afternoon our good friend Steve Pietzsch came over and he brought along his brother Mike and his son Daniel, who were down here visiting him. They came over so we could do some picking' & grinnin' and we did and it was a lot of fun. And right after we had put our guitars away, Carol, who we had also invited, came over. And then we spent about an hour, inside The Cabin, catching up with each other and talking and laughing about life in general.

The other day when I wrote about giving up on making a quilt, because many of the seams did not line up with each other, even though the layout had looked fine, when I had placed the pretty 5 inch squares, on the stove top, before I sewed them together.


And as you already know, I have decided to cut up and use my quilt to make throw pillow covers to give away as Cousin Nancy gifts and to also make matching, tiny quilts for Little Debbie and Big Al(ice). And possibly make place mats if there is any leftover, scrap quilting-material.

Then I put my stupid-looking, wanna-be quilt out of mind and turned my attention to making Carol's Christmas bun—using our dog's hair. But after surfing the Web for my intense, five minute research, on the cost of spinning wheels—I gave up on that too, because of that potholder warning sign. 

Anyway, when I told Carol about me not making a dog-hair bun for her Christmas present she tried to hide it, but I could tell that she was really disappointed. "Nancy, I totally understand and don't worry about it, even though I have already been collecting Scout's and Pepper's hair to give to you. I thought it would be nice to have a little bit of their hair, in my little bun, too...."

Late Saturday evening, I was thinking that I was so glad that I had told Carol upfront about me ditching her Christmas bun project, before letting her waste anymore of her time collecting her dog's hair. And I was ready to lay to rest my dog-hair-bun project and forget about it and get on with other important things to make. 

Well, that thought didn't last long, because Saturday night, when I checked my e-mail Fay had sent me this e-mail that I want to share with you now. Fay wrote: 

"I was interested on the yarn making process after reading your blog, and Lord knows I want to see Carol get her dog-hair bun. LOL!

I found this really sweet girl who does spinning tutorials on Youtube, who also has an Etsy shop! So I ordered you a Drop Spindle & Yarn Beginner's Kit and it should arrive by mail next week. Here is a video you can watch where she explains it so easily, so you'll be ready to go once the spindle arrives.

Have a great weekend & get that dog hair washed, dried and ready!
Bunches of love,
Fay"

So that got me excited all over again, so I checked out the drop-spindle video that Fay had sent and I was on a roll! So I did a little more research and found this video on how to spin dog hair into yarn. So it looks like Carol is going to get her dog-hair bun after all.

I am now looking forward to receiving Fay's cool Drop Spindle & Yarn Beginner's Kit gift, but I already know that I am going to need some extra help collecting enough dog hair to make Carol's hairy bun. 


So before I ask you to please send me some of your collected dogs' hair, I want you to know that I've already checked it out and YES—it is legal to mail dog hair to people. So if you can help me out please send it.


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!


P.S. My good friend Cathie sent me this hilarious Star Wars youtube about bad lip reading and I am still laughing about it.

2 comments:

Fay said...

Nancy, there is NO shortage of dog hair in our house, on our clothes and everywhere else at the moment LOL All 3 of our pups are shedding like crazy right now so I should be able to brush them all this weekend, wash & dry it all up and put it in the mail next week. Have a great week! Fay

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! I am looking forward to getting your drop spindle. Than you for getting it for me. I am also looking forward to getting your dog hair, too. You're too sweet.