Friday, September 23, 2016

Lunch Today Was A Blast!

Lunch today, at the Koyote Grill, was a blast. And only June, Ellen, Kris & Jim and Tony know what I'm talking about. And I am going to leave it at that.

Remember a while back when I blogged about our good friend, Jim winning H.E.B.'s recipe contest for The Best Labor Day Burger. Posted in the Hill Country Community Journal.



Well, Jim e-mailed me the recipe today, which of course, I've now stolen and plan to cook as soon as I go back, to H.E.B. in Kerrville, to buy a few of the ingredients that I don't have.

Anyway, I want to share his award winning recipe and give Jim the credit for it, before I erase his name and turn it into Cousin Nancy's Award-Winning Best Labor Day Burger. 

Because his recipe above may be a little hard for some of us to read, because we're old, I've taken the time to re-type it, so you can steal it right from here and name it whatever you want. But I strongly suggest that you call it Cousin Nancy's Award-Winning Best Labor Day Burger Recipe.

Jim Bobbitt's 
Best Labor Day Burger Recipe

Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes

1 lb. ground beef (85% lean)
2 heaping TBSP hatch chili, chopped (can or fresh)
1 tsp. Truffle salt
1 tsp. celery salt
2 TBSP minced garlic 
1 tsp.black pepper
2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tsp Adam's Just Right Burger Spice

In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients, but burger spices. Form into four patties. Generously season each side with burger spice. Grill as desired.

This evening I plan to start binge watching Netflix's Longmire 5th Season and I can't wait. But before I go I want to end this post with a laugh, because I think that we all need to laugh as much as we can.

Anyway, early this morning Kay and Sara came out to walk our dogs, before the rest of our friends/dog-walking volunteers had arrived. 

While I was visiting with them I told them about Buttercup aka Butterball coming back to us and Hazel getting adopted. And a few minutes later, Kay innocently remarked, "I am so happy for Hazel. She is such a great dog. I'm going to go give Butterbutt a few extra treats." (Like she really needs more treats.)


I immediately burst out laughing and then she started laughing, too. So, I half-hollered to Tony, "Kay just called Butterball—Butterbutt!"

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: