Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Duke!

Today has been great. Last night, near the end of my post I promised to tell you about us rescuing a sweet, nine-year-old, male Jack Russell from a very nice man whose life suddenly went from being "life is good" to "I can't believe all of this horrible stuff is happening to me at this time in my life."

Anyway, after he told me all of the uncontrollable trouble he's having to deal with, I told him that I had an idea and would get back to him later in the day.

As soon as he and I adios-ed each other I called a friend, in Medina, because I knew that recently she was looking to adopt a small dog to be a companion to their sweet Chihuahua. She and I talked for a long time about this man's life being turned upside down and his sweet Jack Russell. And by the end of our discussion she wanted to adopt this dog, so we made a plan.

Then I called the nice man back and told him that I had found a great forever home for his lonely dog. "She and her husband both work in Medina. They have a doggie door and a very sweet Chihuahua. She also told me that they come home for lunch everyday and they get off work around 2:30...." Then I told him that she wants to pick up the dog on Sunday. So he suggested that he bring his dog to us on Saturday and then he thanked me for helping him and his sweet dog. So this Sunday is officially the day that we will adopt the dog out.

This afternoon my dear friend Kris sent me an e-mail with a link to follow. I checked it out and I totally enjoyed reading this fun-to-read story about Duke, the Mayor of Cormorant, Minnesota.
And when I saw the Mayor's picture it immediately made me smile big time, because it reminded me so much of some of my dearest and closest best friends.

I'm not going to tell you what this story is about, because I want it to be a surprise for you like it was for me. And if you click here to check out this happy story you'll instantly know why I'm so madly in love with this super handsome Mayor and why it makes me want to move to this tiny town, in Minnesota, so I can cast a vote for him the next time that he runs for Mayor as an Independent.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Fay said...

What a great story! I love this line: "'I don't know who would run against him,' Karen Nelson told WDAY6. 'He's done such great things for the community." LOL
Congrats on the adoption and so glad you could find a home for the JRT xx
Fay

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! I love Duke's story, too! And I love him, because just one look at him and I totally melt, because it makes me wish for another Great Pyrenees we might get to rescue. Thanks for the comment.