Friday, August 5, 2016

My Fellow Americans!

Today has been so much fun, because we met our fabulous friends aka best dog-walking volunteers in Texas, at the Thai O'cha Restaurant, to celebrate Tony's birthday.

Tony and I were the first to arrive at, The Best Thai Food Restaurant, in Kerrville. And because we had just picked up a few groceries, at the big H-E-B, I suggested that we wait a few minutes, inside Trigger, before going inside. And while we waited I thumbed through the new H-E-B TexasLife recipes and fresh ideas, August 2016 and I found several healthy, delicious-looking recipes that I want to try in the near future.


A few minutes later, we climbed out of Trigger and as we were walking towards the entrance, our dear friends Kris & Jim pulled into the parking lot, so we waited for them to join us. After howdies, I asked, "Kris, weren't those Hans Freitag Wafers with cocoa cream filling delicious?" 

Kris & Jim laughed, and Kris said, "Yes. In fact I am blaming you for an added pound...." Then Kris handed me this DVD, and said, "We finally remembered to bring this with us. It is so funny. You'll love it."


"Oh great!" I said. "I love Jack Lemmon, Dan Ackroyd and especially James Garner. I am going to watch it today...."

When the four of us walked inside this friendly restaurant with great vibes and delicious Thai food, our friends Ju and Song greeted us and then showed us to our table for eight. 

Eileen arrived next and after howdies she put Tony's birthday cake on our table. And then she teased Tony about him getting older.


The she handed me this magazine. "This is for you, Nancy. I thought that you would enjoy reading about the Apple Store's SPJ Burger making the 50 Best Burgers, in Texas. It's on page 89."



Then I thanked Eileen for giving me the magazine and that's when Lisa joined us. And within a minute she had all of us laughing out loud with her latest news. And then a few minutes later, Kay and Sarah joined our party of eight. 

After Ju had served us our drinks and had taken our orders the real fun began as we caught up with each other's news. Kris showed us adorable pictures of their new grandson. Eileen and Kris & Jim talked to Tony about turning 62 and being eligible to get Social Security. I talked about Sunday's surprise Black Helicopters fly-by and us twice, in the past few months, seeing mysterious, white, unmarked eighteen-wheelers caravanning fast down Hwy. 16 towards Medina. 

Then we started discussing Tiny Houses and that's when we learned that Sarah actually lives in one. "Oh my goodness!" I said. "I love the Tiny House movement and I watch tv shows, read books about them and I check them out, on the Internet almost everyday...."

Following our delicious as always, fun lunch, Eileen lit the candles, on Tony's birthday cake and we sang the Happy Birthday song to him. And to our surprise "my old man" blew out both candles on his very first try. "Way to go, Tony!" 


It is 6:20, and Kinky has just called me to ask me to come over to meet some friends of his that are visiting him, so I guess that I had better wind this up, because I told him that I would be over there in five minutes.

So, to say the least about Tony's birthday party, "It was a total blast and Tony loved it and especially the hilarious birthday cards and delicious cake." And before I must go and forget, sweet Lisa baked Tony her famous, delicious Banana Bread and he's saving it for tomorrow, but I have no idea how long it will last, because we love Lisa's delicious Banana Bread.

As soon as I get back from Kinky's I am going to spend my evening, with Little Debbie and Big Al(ice) sleeping on my lap, while I watch My Fellow Americans."

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: