Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Good Time Eddie!

Today has been great! Late this afternoon, Tony walked into the big room, and said, "I just talked to Chet, on Facebook and he wants to know if we can help him find that woman, in Kerrville, who is wanting to give her Martin Guitar to him. Would you do it?"

"Omg yes!" I said. "I would love to get into contact with her." Then I got busy searching for this woman, on the Internet. I Googled this and then I Googled that and then I tried and tried, again.

Fifteen minutes later, I got lucky! So I skipped back to Tony's office and told him, "I think I've found her and I'm fixin' to call her right now."

After I punched in her phone number I took a deep breath to calm myself. "Hello," she said.

"Hi $@#^&, this is Nancy Parker-Simons and you don't know me, but I am a good friend of Chet O'Keefe. I run the Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch and Chet is, in England, touring right now. And just a few minutes ago, he talked to my husband Tony and was asking him if we could help find you, because he is very interested in the guitar." Then I am thinking to myself that she might think that I was trying to scam her or something.

"Oh, I'm afraid that you found the wrong $@#^&." Then there was an uncomfortable pause.

"Well, I am so sorry for bothering you. I guess I'll just keep on trying."

"Wait," she said. "Now who did you say he was?"

"Chet O'Keefe. A few weeks ago his van burned up and he lost his guitars and just about everything and Donna Gable Hatch wrote about it, in the Kerrville Daily Times last week...."

"Yes! Yes, that's me! You have found the right $@#^&!"

"Thank goodness!" I said.

"I'm so glad that you found me..." Then we talked about Chet for a few minutes.

"Okay, now let me tell you about the guitar. I bought it about seven years ago and I only played it a few times. It's like brand new. Awhile back, I was thinking about selling it and then I read the story about Chet, in the Kerrville Daily Times and I immediately knew that I wanted to give it to Chet. Its a DC16GTE Martin guitar and GTE stands for Good Time Eddie....."

After we had talked a few more minutes she and I made plans on how she could get the guitar to me, so we could get it to Chet. So I suggested that she drop it off at ^%$% and ask them to please call us, so we could come and pick it up for Chet.

Then she asked me if I would mind asking Chet to give her a call when he gets back over the pond.

"I most certainly will, because I know that he would love to thank you in person...."

After we adios-ed each other. I skipped back down the hallway and told Tony the great news. Then I called our friends, at ^%$% to tell them what was going on. And they were thrilled to help out Chet.
(I'll reveal who they are when we pick up the guitar.)

And while Tony was once again talking to Chet and telling him the good news. I went Online and found a picture of the model number of that awesome Martin guitar. Then Tony walked back into the big room and I said, "It's an awesome guitar and it's a cutaway! And that's perfect for Chet! He's going to love it!" Then I showed Tony this picture of the guitar.

Then Tony went back into his office and went back on Facebook to contact Chet and give him the model number, etc.

And a few minutes later, Tony came back and told me that Chet said, "WOW!...." and he is so happy about getting that Martin guitar.

Then I started writing this and about halfway through, the phone rang—it was Kinky. "Nance, do you want to go for a walk with me tonight?"

"Yes, I do, but I am right, in the middle, of writing something. Could we do it a little later?"

"That's fine. It's too hot right now, anyway. How about around 7:00?"

"That'll work...." And that's about it for tonight. Life Is Good!

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: