Saturday, May 7, 2016

Austin City Limits! or Texas Flood In Norway!

Today has been another great day and I am nearly finished watching Grace & Frankie Season 2, which is totally awesome and no surprise to me.

Speaking of awesome, this morning my dear friend Mari sent me this incredibly great video, because she knows that I love Stevie Ray Vaughan's music so much. And not to brag, but I'm going to, because back in 1989, my friends Judy & Lou Ward (volunteers for Austin City Limits) and I got to see him perform, at an Austin City Limits taping, after he had recently cleaned up and was drug free. And little did anyone of us know that night, that we were watching Stevie Ray's final performance for ACL.

Stevie Ray and Double Trouble were so incredibly great that I kept getting goose bumps throughout the entire show as did everyone else. And I've got goose bumps right now just thinking about it. And I just found this link to that unforgettable night, at KLRN's Austin City Limits studio, when we watched SRV and Double Trouble playing Crossfire.

Now the reason that I have written all of this about SRV, is because Mari's e-mail with the attached video—blew me out of the saddle when I watched it. The video is titled,12 Yr Old Kid Plays Stevie Ray Vaughan—Melts EVERYONE'S Face Off or Texas Flood In Norway, at a talent show. And this Norwegian kid, Fredrik Strand Halland, is so incredibly talented, I know that you will want to watch it, too!

Late this afternoon, I decided to take a short, sleepless nap with our dogs and twenty minutes later, when I got up I put Little Debbie and Big Al(ice) on the floor while Beau jumped off of our bed. Then I went and got my camera and took this picture of Belle, still on our bed and Roy and Henry Standing Bear sleeping. And Henry's the one halfway, underneath our bed.


And that is about it for today, because I need to do some Clicker-Training homework with Henry Standing Bear and then do some more writing on my third Cowgirl Sisterhood novella.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing.

No comments: