Thursday, April 28, 2016

Supremes de Volaille aux Champignons! or Coyote In The Kitchen!

Today has been great thanks to Julia Child and my dear friend Cindy, who lives in Northern New Mexico.

The other day when I was on the phone talking to Cindy Pickard, she told me that she had just watched the movie Julie & Julia and she absolutely loved it. So later, I watched it again, because it was 2009 since I last watched it. And I loved watching it again and that's why the next day I went straight to Wolfmueller's Books, in Kerrville and bought the Anniversary Edition of The Art of Mastering French Cooking by Julie Child.


The next time that I spoke to Cindy we talked about the movie and how delicious all of the food looked and especially how tasty the Chicken Breasts with Mushroom and Cream recipe looked when Julie cooked it in the movie.

So later that evening Cindy e-mailed me Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille aux Champignons (Chicken Breasts with Mushroom and Cream, which of course I can't pronounce. And Cindy also suggested that I try making it. (This recipe is on page 269 in Julia's cookbook.)


So today I made Supremes de Volaille aux Champignons for Tony and me and believe it or not it was a very easy meal to prepare and it was absolutely the very best chicken with mushrooms that we have ever eaten. Here's a picture of the ingredients needed to make this recipe: dry vermouth, chicken breasts cut into strips, onion, salt, pepper, butter and mushrooms.


And I forgot to put the parsley, chicken broth and whipping cream in the picture above.


And this is how it looked, before we ate all of it and licked the gravy off of our plates. Seriously, I hope that all of you will try this recipe, because it is so easy to prepare and your friends and family will rave about how delicious it is.


Julie Child's delicious recipe for Supremes de Volaille aux Champignons is all over the Internet and can easily be found. And here's a link that I found to get Julie's delicious recipe.

Speaking of delicious recipes, last night Cindy told me that her dear friend Anita Rodriguez, a very famous Taos artist and writer, has a new cookbook coming out this Spring published by UNM press! 

I am so excited about it, because last year when Chet and I drove out to New Mexico and went to Cindy's event, in Taos, I had the opportunity to meet this fabulous woman of so many talents. Here's a link to Anita Rodriguez and here's a link about Anita Rodriguez Coyote In the Kitchen: A Memoir of New and Old Mexico cookbook. And the great news is that Cindy is going to get Anita to sign our copies! And rumor has it that I might just be with Cindy, at Anita Rodriguez's book signing, on May 21st, at The Stakeout, in Ranchos de Taos! Life is good.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: