Thursday, January 21, 2016

Bad Girlz of Texas!

Today has been great since Chet and Shannon arrived here yesterday. Last night, they entertained us playing and singing their awesome music and they were both so good Tony and I both got goose bumps.

This morning Chet and Shannon ate breakfast with us and it was a fun time filled with lots of laughter, because we took turns telling hilarious, life stories about ourselves.

This afternoon Tony and I took off for Kerrville to run a few errands and to get some groceries. Our first stop was at Wolfmueller's Books, so we could visit with our dear friends Sandy & Jon and I could buy a copy of my first book The Road To Utopia: How Kinky, Tony & I Saved More Animals Than Noah, because I wanted to give a signed copy to Shannon.

When we walked into Wolfmueller's Books Sandy & Jon were standing behind the counter visiting with a nice woman. "Hi Sandy & Jon," I said, not wanting to interrupt their conversation.

"Nancy!" Sandy exclaimed. "This is Cousin Nancy!" Then she came around the counter and said, "You've got to meet Cousin Nancy! Nancy, Andie Morgan has the coolest store next door and it is full of pink. You're going to love her store. It is totally awesome!"

I chuckled because Sandy was so excited, and it had tickled me, then I held out my hand, and said, "Hi. I'm Nancy and this is my husband Tony. It is so nice to meet you, Andie...." After a fun visit with Sandy, Jon and Andie, Andie adios-ed us so she could get back to her store.

After I purchased a copy of my book, Sandy said, "Come on Nancy, you've got to come see Andie's store and everything is priced under $24.00 and almost everything is Made In America. By guys." Then Sandy and I left the building, so the men could gossip and I could shop.

When we walked inside Bad Girlz of Texas, right next door to Wolfmueller's Books, my jaw dropped and then I smiled, and said, "Andie, I love your store."

Then Sandy started giving me a grand tour, saying things like: "Nancy, look at this. Omg, you're going to love these cool magnetic koozie. Her cards for all occasions are the funniest in town. Check out these socks. Oh, you need to get this refrigerator magnet and...."

As Sandy and I raced around the huge store, with me picking up things to buy or to just laugh about, I wondered, for a second, if Sandy was working on commission for Andie. Then we looked at some beautiful sweaters, super cool, flowered print cowgirl hats, license plates, hotel key rings, etc. and Sandy and I could not quit laughing at the hilarious sayings that were either printed, stitched or embossed on the merchandise.

Needing to take a break from my shopping spree with Sandy, I took out my phone and asked Sandy to please take a picture of Andie Morgan, "The Original Bad Girl" and me. So Sandy stood back and happily shot us.


The cute, magnetic koozie, that I eventually purchased, as a future gift for a friend, that I am holding in the picture above doesn't show up enough, so here is picture of this hilarious, magnetic koozie.


A little later, with my hands full of stuff to buy, Andie told me while she was checking me out, that she also has another "funky and eclectic boutique with something for everyone" store, in Canyon, Texas and a pink bus that she drives around and sells stuff at events.

When Sandy and I left with my pretty, pink sack filled with hilarious items that I just had to have, I took out my phone and took a picture of her sidewalk sign and store front window.



Then we went back to the store to show the men what I had purchased and they laughed as hard about the funny sayings, as Sandy and I had and did again. Then we adios-ed our dear friends and continued to run two more errands.

I want to suggest that if you have not visited Bad Girlz of Texas, you must as soon as you can, because I am adding it to my list of favorite stores to visit, in Kerrville. I promise that if you go you will laugh more than once and that you won't leave without purchasing at least two or more items. Seriously, I cannot wait to go back there. And if you want to check our their website: Click Here. Then when you go to Andie's store to check it out, run next door and ask Sandy to please give you the grand tour of Bad Girlz of Texas.



And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: