Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Thank Goodness!

Today has been great. This afternoon we met our dear friends: Denise & Les and The Mineral Man, for lunch at Brew Dawgs. Even though Kris couldn't make it we still had a lot of fun catching up with others latest news.

Tony and I were the first to arrive at Brew Dawgs, so we found a table for six, in there screened-in porch, that was full of people. A few minutes later Denise & Les arrived and after howdies and hugs we decided to move inside the restaurant, because it was just a little too warm outside. And I carried the six menus.

After Tony and I had told our friends about our new Keyhole Garden and my super cool, organic oyster mushroom farm kit—Jim arrived. And too my surprise Tony and I did not order the exact same thing like we almost always do. He ordered their chicken-fried steak sandwich with fries and I ordered the same thing that I always do—a delicious, stuffed fajita baked potato.

While we were waiting for our lunch to be served I asked Denise about Cosmo, the adorable dog that they adopted from us over three years ago. She told us that Cosmo was doing great and that he loves to ride in cars. And the only vehicle they allow Cosmo to ride in, is her Jeep that she named, Stormin' Norman. Then she tells me, "But I am going to change it's name to the Cosmo-Mobile."

While we continued to eat lunch, the men, at the end of the table talked about "guy stuff" while Denise and I talked about Little Debbie's new Blog and her tiny, invisible, alien friend, named Bob, that only Little Debbie can see. Which got us to start talking about some of those scary, old, black & white movies and television shows that we loved when we were kids.

"I loved the Invisible Man. Where they would unwrap him and you couldn't see him," I said. "But the Alfred Hitchcock Hour always scared me."

Then Denise started laughing and then says, "I remember that creepy episode where this little girl turns into her doll and the doll turns into the little girl. That one really scared me the most." Then the men joined in and they changed the subject to the Twilight Zone, etc.

When it was time for all of us to leave I reached down to pick up my purse and it wasn't there. I then looked down to the other side of my chair and it wasn't there. Then I quickly checked to see if I had hung it, on the back of my chair, but it wasn't there either. "Oh my goodness. Tony, I can't find my purse!"

Then I stood up and went back to the table that Tony and I had originally sat at. The porch was empty. And thank goodness my purse was still hanging, on the back of my chair. And that's just one more reason why I love Kerrville and why I am going to start wearing my purse around my neck.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: