Monday, March 9, 2015

Foreign Exchange!

Today has been great even though I overslept. I spent nearly all day doing paperwork, returning phone calls and answering e-mails, etc. In other words, "It was a pretty boring day, but I did get a lot accomplished."

Early this evening Kinky called to invite me to come over to the Lodge for a visit. When I got over there he suggested that we take The Friedmans for a short hike down to the creek. And while we were hiking and The Friedmans were running all around us, he told me a funny story that happened to him and his friend while he was touring Germany.

These aren't his exact words, but they are close enough. "One afternoon, while we were in Germany, we decided to go to a bank to exchange some euros to U.S. dollars and it took us a while to find a bank. When we found one we went inside. There was this friendly, German woman teller and nobody else was in the bank. She didn't speak English and we didn't speak German, so we tried our best to explain to her that we wanted to convert some money."

"Did she do it?" I asked, as Winston took off after a squirrel, that safely high-tailed it up a tree.

"No. She basically let us know that she couldn't help us. So we left."

"The next morning we went back to the bank to try again. And this time a German man was the teller and he was the only one inside the building. When we tried to tell him that we wanted to convert some currency, he looked at us, shook his head sideways and said, "This is a driving school.""

Kinky and I laughed about it, all of the way back to the Lodge, about the foreign exchange that didn't happen. And that is about it for today.

P.S. I am running late posting tonight, because of the time change.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: