Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Yeti!

Today has been a quiet day and it was just what I needed. This morning our good friends, Ellen & Charlie came over with Catfish, their cute grandson that was visiting them, to do Tony's morning chores for him, because Tone finally took a day off and went to the San Antonio Zoo, with his sister Annie, to photograph the animals.

They had invited me to come along, but as you know— "I don't do San Antone" ever, because of the crazy, heavy-traffic, which stresses me out too much. So, I stayed home and babysat his dog Belle while I caught up with my mound of paperwork.

Around lunch time I called Kinky. I told him that I needed to go mail a letter in Medina and then I asked him if he wanted to split a pizza with me. "There's a new pizza place in Medina called Papa Don's Pizza & Hot Wings and their pizzas are exceptionally good." After I said goodbye to Kink I called Papa Don's Pizza & Hot Wings and ordered their supreme pizza with original crust, then I jumped into Buttermilk and we took off for town with my letter to be mailed.

After I mailed my letter I went to pick up our pizza, that I could not wait for Kinky to try. When I told the friendly owners that I was sharing their delicious pizza today with Kinky Friedman—their eyes lit up.
"Would y'all like for me to ask Kinky to sign this pizza box for y'all, so you can frame it?"

"We'd love it and could you take a picture of him signing the box?" They asked, all excited.

After Kinky took his first bite of pizza he smiled and said, "Nance, this is a really good pizza!"

"I know. Tony and I love their pizzas and the whole town is behind them..." Here is the picture I took of Kinky signing the pizza box.

Belle was pretty good today and she did a lot of sleeping while I cleaned our trailer. Here is a picture I took of her in La-La Land.

This afternoon UPS showed up before T. got home and I was thrilled to see that the package was for me, because it was my Yeti microphone, along with the headphones and a mike stand, that I had ordered from Amazon, for my very first audio book that I'm fixin' to record of, Meanwhile Back At The Rescue Ranch: The Dog Days Of Cousin Nancy

Right after I called Kinky to tell him about my microphone kit finally arriving—Tone walked inside the trailer. After he hugged me he said, "Nance, thanks for letting me take the day off today. I had so much fun and you're not going to believe the great pictures that I took..."

When he was finally done talking I said, "My Yeti is here, Tony. Look at this and the..." After I was done talking T. picked up Belle and hugged her and that's when I took this cute picture of them.  

Then I showed Tony the Pop Blocker that came with my Yeti. You put this shield in front of the microphone and it says, "The Pop Blocker is your best defense against distorting "P" and "B" consonants" and you know that I will need that since we both know that I sound like Gabby Hayes on helium." Tony started laughing, as he put Belle Starr-Simons outside to go potty.

"Tony, do you want to be my sound man?" I asked, as he fiddled with my Yeti. 

"I don't know, Nance," he said, "what does it pay?" And I started laughing.

"I don't know, Tone. I want to do the recording out in my writing cabin, with the occasional sounds of our dogs barking outside, in the background, so it will be authentic. I told Kinky about it and he thought it sounded like a good idea. What do you think?"

To Be Continued...(Sorry, Mari.)

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: