Sunday, August 1, 2010

We Didn't Do It! And, I Have A New E-Mail Address!

This morning as I was getting out of bed Tony came in and told me that early this morning Thunder went down the ramp fine, took care of her business and made it up the ramp by herself! His news made me smile and tear up. "That is fantastic news, Tone. We're not taking her to the clinic then. As long as she can manage with or without our help she's staying with us."

Tony and I are so happy that she has made a comeback! Right now she is resting on her pallet by the entertainment center and she has gone outside two more times without collapsing or falling.

I want to thank everyone who has called and sent e-mails. Y'all are too sweet and it has touched my heart.

This afternoon at 2:00, I switched to a new e-mail address, because of concerns with the hackers that hijacked my address book on March 8th. So, to those who have received a generic generated notice about my new address it is for REAL. Please do not send or answer any e-mails from my old address. And, from today forward I am not going to ever send out  an e-mail from that address. So, please use the new one.

I am going to go spend some time with Thunder and give her a treat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I have not been on in awhile-Happy belated birthday! Also, I am praying for your dog Thunder. I know you love this dog dearly and rightly so. I pray that she hangs in there as you guys need her and she needs you too. Also, please say a prayer for a dog my husband and I saw yesterday--he is starving to death so we turned around and gave him food and water. He is evidently living behind a chained and locked gate surrounding a pumping station. He is so emaciated that he can walk between the two gates without any trouble as he did so after he ate the food I left him. I cried like a baby and am crying now as I type this message to you Cousin Nancy. This dog jumped up in my vehicle when I drove back yesterday afternoon to leave him more food and water. I tried to take him to the Humane Society but they wouldn't take him in.I took a couple of pictures of him to post online and send to the local tv stations but have heard nothing yet. I am so down about his plight-I am praying that the local tv stations will air the story about the dog and he will then be rescued by somebody who loves animals. Like I said, the humane society won't take him (they would probably kill him anyways) and animal control said they would pick him up and kill him if no one claims him.I begged the BPD to wait because I just saw the dog yesterday and contacted the tv stations yesterday too. We are putting out food and water so it has something to eat right now.I don't want the dog to starve to dath but right now it is receiving fod and water so I am praying for a miracle for this dog. Please pray for this precious dog (I think he is very young) as he needs your prayers and God's intervention in his plight. Karen C

P.S. I would also like your new email address if you don't mind sending it to me.

EeeeekaMouse said...

Nancy, I was in tears when I read your post about Thunder and I was just about to post a reply to you when I thought I would compose myself and check today's entry. Yay! I'm so happy and relieved that Thunder is better! I can imagine her thinking 'what's wrong with these people, for pete's sake! I better hang around and keep my eye on them or they might forget to breathe or something!'

I saw Kinky's show in L.A. last night and it was FANTASTIC! Both shows were sold out. While I was outside waiting to go in, there were people walking up and down the line asking if anyone wanted to sell their ticket. They love Kinky here! He, Jewford, and the ever adorable Washington Ratso blew the audience away with songs that are my favorites, like "Ride 'em Jewboy" and "Sold American". Kinky sounded so good, Jewford was hilarious (I love his "forced" smile routine), and Ratso's guitar playing was fantastic. And this was after they had already done an entire show right before!

Yesterday in Santa Monica I saw a woman walking a gorgeous Kerry Blue Terrier! You don't see many of those in Texas. I happened to have a Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch bumper sticker I gave her and she said she would check out your site. Dog people are the best!

Give Thunder a kiss for me!

Anonymous said...

OK, you said you have a new email address. So what is it? LOL I can't find it anywhere.
Sherri