Saturday, August 7, 2010

I Am Fixin' To Leave Tony!

Last night, even though Matt and Meghann couldn't make it, we had such a great time with Lisa at La Fours Restaurant. Buttermilk pulled into their parking lot at six o'clock sharp. When we went inside Lisa waved to us from a nearby table as she talked to Mark in Mississippi, on her cell phone.

After howdys and hugs Lisa handed me her cell phone to talk to Mark. Mark and I visited for a few minutes and then I handed the phone back to Lisa, so she could say goodbye to him. When she hung up I said, "Lisa, you ought to see yourself—you're glowing and beaming with happiness. We're talkin' true love and by the sound of Mark's voice—I like him. He's a good guy."

Tony started teasing Lisa and they were started laughing. Then Tony waved at me and I waved back to him even though I didn't understand why he was waving to me since we were sitting right next to each other. "Turn around, Nance," T. said. I turned around in my seat and started laughing.

"Hi, Eileen!" I said. "Good grief, Eileen, I can't believe that I didn't see you sitting right behind me."

"I can," Tone joked. "Nancy is blind as a bat even when she's wearing her glasses." Then Lisa, Tony and I had a fun visit with Eileen and we got to meet her husband and their friends. After we placed our order with the friendly waitress, Eileen told us that they were leaving and she said goodbye to us.

As we talked and ate our meal, two different sets of people came up to our table and wished Tony a happy birthday. "We read it on your blog and Facebook, Cousin Nancy," each set of nice people told us.

After dinner we were outside saying goodbye to Lisa when another couple walked up that I didn't recognize and they wished T. a happy birthday, too. I wish Matt and Meghann could have come, because we had so much fun.

This morning Princess Leia was returned to us, because the woman told us that she had wanted a dog, but realized she didn't, because she had too much going on. When Tony and I took our adorable, little princess to her old pen—she could not have been happier to be back home. She ran and jumped and played with us and didn't seem to care when the woman and her children drove away. Welcome Home, Princess Leia!

This afternoon some really nice women came out with their children to see they rescue ranch. One lady was a Girl Scout leader and the other was a Boy Scout leader. The Girl Scout leader told me they were at the Medina Community Library when I talked to the children about our rescue ranch. And, she told me that she and her kids had checked out my books and have already read both of my books. Then I gave them a tour of the rescue ranch.

I really enjoyed visiting with the women and their kids and before they left they told me that they were going to get their scouts involved with our rescue ranch! "I would love it," I said, "and it would be great for our dogs as well as the scouts."

Well, it looks like I am fixin' to leave Tony on Monday and we're not getting a divorce. I talked to my sister Cindy, late this afternoon and then I talked to Ronnie's sweet wife Nita and then I called Rick "The Friendly Lighthouse Keeper."

Cindy, Nita and I are going down to Port Aransas early Tuesday morning for a shorter-than-short mini-vacation to visit Rick and Leisa at the lighthouse. Because of my schedule we are only going to spend the night on the island and then leave Wednesday morning. I am pretty excited about it, but not T.
"Nance, I am going to be worried the whole time that you are gone and I am going to miss you, too."

"I'm going to miss you, too, but I'll be back Wednesday afternoon. So don't worry."

"What if you get lost, again? You got lost the last time you went alone up to Dripping Springs. Remember?"

"Don't worry, Tony. I will take Garmina with me and I won't get lost. I promise you and..."

Y'all have a great evening! Happy Birthday Leisa!

1 comment:

Tammom said...

We had a great time visiting and we thank both you and Tony for giving us the royal tour & treatment! The kids were still talking about it at dinner and even added the dogs and the ranch in their prayers tonight! I'll be posting the pix we took on Facebook and will tag the ranch, so you can see some of the fun we had. Thanks again - we'll get things worked out soon to give a little Girl & Boy Scout assistance to the ranch!