Monday, May 17, 2010

What A Funny Pig He Is!

Today has been great. This morning after I walked eight miles with Sansone, Tone came inside to tell me that he had a surprise for me and that I needed to come outside to see who was here, so I followed him to the dog pens. When I saw our great volunteer, Matt Bradbury in the pen feeding Hank and Nellybelle I said, "OMG, Matt! It is great to see you! And we have really missed you..."

I visited with Matt as he fed Dusty, then Moe Bandy, Randy Travis & Mandy, then I introduced him to Callie aka Rita Coolidge and he fell in love with her. After he fed her we stayed in her pen as he played with her. Then we went into Ruth Buzzi's and Chuck's pen so he could feed them and then I followed him into Rocky's and Lucy's pen so he could feed them. After he fed Annie Oakley and then Jill we crossed the road and went to the pen that Tone was cleaning and that's when I saw Meghann feeding Ashley Judd and Ludy!

"Hi, Meghann! Thank you for coming out! I didn't know that you were here! It is so great to see you..." I half-hollered. A few minutes later after all of the dogs had been fed and their pens had been cleaned we went into Outer Space and had a great visit and caught up with our friends / volunteers news. Before they left after handshakes and hugs T. and I thanked them for coming out we told them not to be strangers and they promised us that they wouldn't.

Late this afternoon I received the nicest e-mail from D&D from their B&B and it really made my day. David and Desiree Farrar are our good friends and kindred spirits who own and operate the coolest bed & breakfast in Texas— the Trail's End Guest House in Kerrville. And they are the wonderful people who adopted Beckham, our soccer playing wild hog. Here is what they wrote:


"Nancy,
Finished your book last night. It was a great peak into "a day in the life"; what every reality show should aspire to portray. I hated for it to end, hopefully the next one will be out sooner than later. We read a few sections to Wilber/Beckham and showed him all the pictures. Though excited for you and the Ranch, he was a tad miffed. When we inquired as to why, he told us there was not a single porcine image. Horses, cows, dogs, cats and even (shudder) humans. We explained to him it must have been due to a decision in the edit process. "Even Mercedes McCambridge, a fantastic Academy Award winning actress, had her part in Giant edited down from one hour to less than 15 minutes actual screen time." After two cans of diet orange pop and 4 homemade cookies he got over it. What a funny pig he is.
Our best to you and Tony,
D&D"

Desiree and David, thank y'all for the kind words about my book. We will see y'all Thursday night when Sandy and Jon Wolfmueller, Kinky and Marcie and Tone and I come out for dinner. I can't wait!

Y'all have a great evening! 

No comments: