Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lorri & Jeff Really Rock In California and Texas!

This afternoon after lunch Tony and I went to Kerrville to run a few errands. Our first stop was at Walmart so we could buy a a small, plastic wading pool. We bought a pretty blue one and fortunately it fit inside Buttermilk.

We didn't buy the wading pool for Tone and me to use. We bought it so we can use it tomorrow when we dip our dogs for fleas and ticks, because the last time we dipped our dogs in the small horse trough it nearly broke Ben's and Tony's backs from lifting up our dogs.

Our next  stop was at Copies Plus to pick up Tony's new postcards. Trisha and Marcie greeted us the minute we walked inside even though they were busy waiting on customers. Once their customers were gone Trish gave T. his postcards and they were absolutely beautiful to say the least! After a fun, but short visit with Trisha and Marcie because they had work to do—we went to Wolfmueller's Books to say hi to Sandy and Jon.

As always we had a fun visit with the Wolfmuellers. At one point in our conversation while I was telling them that Kinky and I were doing two booksignings on June 4th and 5th, Jon went online to kinky's  cigar site and started reading aloud to us about the upcoming booksignings. Then their bookstore was suddenly flooded with customers so we left and came home.

Early this evening we invited our good friends Carol and James to come over for a visit. After howdies and hugs the four of us went into Outer Space and caught up with each others news and of course there was plenty of laughing.

After Carol told us about her dear friend Lorri P., out in California who T. and I also think the world of, buying ten copies of my book for her to read and to give to her friends and then being very disappointed and hurt when they arrived because I had not sent her a note or signed any of my books. "That's when I realized that she had bought your first book! Not your new one!" Carol said followed by a round of laughter. Before Carol and James left I loaned them my movies: "Crazy Heart," "The Blind Side" and "Seabiscuit."

Tonight's Shout-Out is for our friend Lorri. "Lorri, you are so sweet. Thank you so much for buying those books from the University of Texas Press. I hope you enjoy it. My new book was published by (me) Undepressable Press ( UP) not UT and I hope that you will buy a copy of Meanwhile Back At The Rescue Ranch: The Dog Days of Cousin Nancy because you and Jeff are in it and I promise to sign it and include a note. Please come see us when y'all are in Texas and ask Jeff to please his bring his guitar with him. Lorri P. & Jeff S. Really Rock in California and Texas!

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Roger said...

I will be very interested in how Mr. Rogers does with the flea dip.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Roger! Mr. Rogers did not get dipped like the rest of our dogs because he goes wild and tries to bite us when we try to put his special leash on him, so we washed him down with a rag. Miss Dee did great on the leash and seemed to enjoy being dipped in the trough.