Monday, March 17, 2008

Louisiana Hay Ride!

Last Friday, Kinky called me, from Austin, with some very exciting news! His friend, Bob, and his daughter, Tiffany definitely want to adopt Mama, our three-legged Pit Bull! Bob and they cannot wait to get her! They told Kinky it would be a couple of weeks before they could make the drive from Shreveport to pick her up. Kinky and I then discussed the possibility of asking John to drive Mama to Shreveport for us.

Guess what? John said, “Sure!”

This morning Kinky called. “Nance, I just got off of the phone with Bob. He and Tiffany are very excited about John driving Mama out to them. You need to call him and get things rolling.”

I called Bob. Then I went outside to find John—to ask him, if tomorrow would work for him.

Tomorrow morning, John and his co-pilot, Mama, are leaving for Louisiana!

I called Kinky to tell him the good news. “Nance,” Kinky said, after hearing the good news. “Have you told Mama, yet?”

“Nope, not yet,” I said. “I’m going to pick out a pretty collar for Mama, get Tony to put her tags on it, and then go tell her.”

“Great, Nance,” Kinky said. “I’ve gotta take this call.”

I have just finished filling out Mama’s adoption form. And, Tony and I are fixin’ to go tell Mama now! This a dream come true!

P.S. Thank you so much, John! We are so lucky to have you working with us!
P.S.S. Tony took this beautiful picture of Mama!

1 comment:

Simply Cindy Lou said...

It's so great to hear Mama has a new home. Wow things have really been busy at the rescue ranch. It is heart warming to see so many finding new homes and fresh new faces.