Saturday, July 9, 2022

Episode 17: Boone Holding! or Whosboone.com!

Omg, last Tuesday was more than a blast for me, because I did a super-fun podcast with our dear friend, Boone Holding. And we recorded the podcast live at, The Last Resort (aka my kitchen) studio, located on Big Foot Ranch. And Tony & Henry Standing Bear (our awesome Lab/Great Pyrenees mix) were our attentive audience.


During the interview we talked about Boone's popular podcast "More Than The Music," which he has done over 100 podcasts compared to my 17 podcasts. 

In his "More Than The Music" podcast, Boone Holding explores being a Hippie Cowboy in the Texas Hill Country. He also interviews Texas artist and discusses being a growing artist himself. And his "More Than The Music" podcast is available on Google Play Music, Apple Music and Spotify.

Boone played his guitar and sang us three of his songs that he has written and we loved each and everyone of them. Boone told us that his latest song Cornfield High, which is one of our favorites, is now available to listen to on Spotify! So please check it out and give it a thumbs up.

Boone Holding loves writing songs and performing them and he told me that he is already playing over 100 gigs a year all over the country. And I love Boone's quote, "I'd die on my feet, before I'd live on my knees. I guess that's the Hippie half of the cowboy in me."

During the podcast I did a Cousin Boomer update and we told a few jokes. Then we talked about Boone performing regularly, at the River Oaks Court and Escondida Resort & Spa, both located in Medina. 

Then we talked about him being a radio host and performing for KFAN Texas Rebel Radio 107.9 FM and other radio shows. And here are a couple of pictures that Tony took a few weeks ago of Boone playing, at Medina's popular River Oaks Court's Social Club. And needless to say—"Boone owned that audience and no one wanted him to quit singing."



Boone and I also talked about his beautiful family and the benefits about him and his lovely wife Liz home-schooling their super-cool kids. And their garden, chickens, etc.

Anyway, Tony and I love Boone Holding and his family. And to find out more about this talented singer/songwriter, musician, podcaster, family man, radio host, gardner, chicken farmer etc. this is his website:
(Where you can also check out his podcast and his fabulous music, etc.)


And to listen to Boone Holding, on The Cousin Nancy Show click here or click on the sidebar, 2nd from the top—The Cousin Nancy Show.

Before I go I want to thank Boone for taking the time out of his busy schedule to do the podcast with me. And to also thank Henry Standing Bear for not barking once during the interview even though he kept passing gas.

And lastly, please always remember my favorite quote: "Life is short and so am I!"

Y'all take care and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Fay said...

Hi Nancy! I finally had some time today to listen to this podcast, I have to say it is up there as one of your best! I absolutely love hearing new music and learning of new musicians and am going to look for Boone Holding on my Spotify! What a great podcast, so fun and funny and great live music. I loved hearing about Port A, that is one of my favourite places on Earth and I hope to get back to Texas now that the great plague is over... kind of over, well, anyhow, at least when the airports aren't total chaos LOL
Hope you and Tony get some rain soon, I hear the temps have been over 100 for almost 2 months now.
Blake Shelton turned 11 in May and it's hard to believe the twins, Miss Money Penny and Henry Standing Bear will be 7 in November!
Keep cool, Nancy!
Tail wags,
Fay

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! Gosh, it is so great to hear from you. And I hope that you and Ian and family are all doing good. And (again) I find it amazing that Blake Shelton is 11 years old and that our twins (Miss Money Penny and Henry Standing Bear will be 7 in November. And (one more time) I hope that the hot temps will have gone by November, so we can celebrate Henry's birthday outdoors. Because right now Hen is not happy about going outside to take care of his business.

I am so glad that you enjoyed my podcast with Boone. He such a nice man and Tony and I think the world of him. Besides being a great entertainer, musician, singer/songwriter—he is the salt of the earth and so is his beautiful family.

Like you, Tony and I love Port A, too. And (whoops I did it again) maybe when you come back to Texas we could all go down to Port A or go out to Terlingua, if it is not too hot there.

Please give Ian, Blake, Miss Money Penny and the girls hugs for me and take care and keep on laughing.
Because we love you and your awesome family.

And (LOL) keep cool, too.