Sunday, August 2, 2020

Home On The Range!

This morning when I checked my e-mail, sweet Jean sent me this e-mail with a tutorial on how to make loom potholders. Jean wrote:

"Saw your blog tonight and commented but not sure it went through and then remembered this tutorial from a knitting person that I like to watch. Keep up the good work! Miss seeing y'all. Hugs, Jean"

So I watched the video and I really enjoyed watching it. Plus the instructor's tips were so helpful. So I wrote Jean back and told her that I loved watching the video and to also let her know that her comment did not make it to my blog.

This afternoon after Tony left to go to Medina, I was so inspired by that loom potholder tutorial I decided to make another potholder—like the one she used in the tutorial. And I finished making the potholder five minutes before Tony came back home. His words when he saw it, "Nance, it looks great! I love it!" 


Then I put away my supplies and took a short, sleepless nap with our four-leggers. And Henry Standing Bear snored for the very first time.

After my wannabe nap, I decided to go ahead and bake Tony a birthday cake. Because this week I will not have the time or energy to bake one for him one or to shop for a birthday present before August 6th, because of our heavy work schedules this week. (Plus I do admit that I was craving something really sweet to eat.) 

But I am so glad that I did take that noisy nap, because I came up with a name for my potholder Christmas project—Cousin Nancy's Home On The Range Potholders!

Anyway, while my/his birthday cake baked, I checked my e-mail and then I checked my blog to see if Jean's comment might have come through. And it did and so did Anon's! (And you can read both of them at the bottom of last night's post if you want to.)

I love my new pretty potholder so much that I've decided to go ahead and give Cindy the first potholder that I successfully made. The one that didn't unravel itself, before I could finish tying off the loops


And to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, even though that is a stupid expression, I already know what Tony is going to get from me for his birthday present—Cousin Nancy's Home On The Range Potholder #2! Because when he saw it he did say, "I love it!"


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

4 comments:

Jean said...

I'm very impressed Nancy! Your #2 Home on the Range potholder looks exactly like the one in the tutorial, so glad it was helpful and I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Tony's birthday cake looks delicious too! Enjoy! Happy Birthday Tony!!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Jean! If you're impressed with my Home On The Range #2 potholder then that says a lot to me and makes me feel proud. I plan to try to make five a week, so please wish me luck with that.

Until I get a crochet needle I am going to wait a couple of days before mass producing these things, again, because the tips of my fingers are still sore.

So, if weather permits and it is not too hot outside, in the evenings, I plan to paint another mural on our water collection tank. Here's a hint:

It might be stained glass and include a potholder!

Jean said...

https://www.goodknitkisses.com/woven-hot-pad-patterns/

Just a few more ideas to get you inspired when you're able to get back to your Christmas presents.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Jean! Thank you for the link! I will check it out after work.