Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Cosmos! or Fall Headgear!

Today has been great. This morning our dear friends Jonell & Roy came over to deliver us our very first cord of wood. So now we are truly ready for the cold weather months. I was so thrilled to get the oak wood. So after Roy & Jonell left Big Foot Ranch I took a picture of it.


But Henry Standing Bear was not as excited about it as I was, because we stacked the wood, along the fence line, in front of his side yard, blocking his view of the wildlife.

After taking this picture I stepped back to admire the tall, beautiful Cosmos that Tony had planted, months ago, along the fence line to attract hummingbirds and butterflies.


Then I took this picture of this beautiful Cosmo flower.


Before returning to The Cabin I decided to take another picture of our delicious, climbing Malabar spinach plant that is growing so fast, we can't eat it fast enough. 


Earlier this afternoon we met our dear friends Kris & Jim, in Kerrville, for two reasons. The first reason was to enjoy a fun lunch with them and catch up with each others news, at the Cracker Barrel. 

And the second reason, so I could hand off a copy of the first chapter (Wednesday), of my 3rd novella The Cowgirl Sisterhood: Ghost Riders in the Sand, so they could help me edit it. And here is a peak of page one.


Since it may be hard to read, here are those first, three paragraphs: And yes, this is a teaser  : )

                                         "Wednesday

After we had eaten my delicious tuna fish salad for our lunch, another recipe that I have stolen from my best friend Carol Vail and took credit for, I washed and dried the dishes and put them away. Then I went back to the bedroom, sat down at my ancient sewing machine again and got back to sewing some cute, tiny eye patches for Little Debbie to wear. Because her old ones were starting to fray. 
I had just finished sewing this darling, pink, camouflage eye patch when Tony walked into the bedroom, and said, "Hey. Here come the Waxlers." Then the phone rang. "I'll get the phone. Don't let them leave until I get back."
"Okay," I said, as I carefully trimmed away the top and bobbin threads for Little Debbie's newest, adorable, Fall, headgear collection. Then I went outside to greet our dear friends, "Good afternoon, Alison and Blake. I hope y'all slept okay, last night, during that thunderstorm.""

🌡🐾🌡

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: