Saturday, November 18, 2017

Number Two!

We've been busy. But before I start writing about it I want to wish my sweet sister, Cindy, a Happy 71st Birthday.

My sister is the best sister anyone could have. When I was around ten years old Cindy was my idol, because she was so smart, kind and very pretty and she still is for a 71 year old. But back then I was frustrated with her, because she was older and I wanted to be older than her. So I wasted a good amount of time trying to figure out how I could become older than her. Which at this early age just proves that I was already not the sharpest tool, in the tool shed. And I think my family already knew that, too.

Anyway, now I'm at the ripe old age of 66 and I am really glad that Cindy is older than me, because I can use her as a measuring stick to see what's going to be up ahead for me, before it is my turn to fall off the slow-moving conveyor belt of life or better said, "When God honks my horn."

So I wish Cindy the best birthday ever and I wish that I could be with her today to help her celebrate her birthday, because I love her so much. But I must confess that I forgot to send her a funny birthday card this past week, because we've been very busy working, on the property. But the good news is it won't matter a bit to Cindy that I forgot to send her a birthday card, because she is always happy and she is more forgetful than me. Something for me to look forward to in the future.

Two days ago our dear friend Jim Keaveny came to visit us and he spent the night in The Cabin, over at our property.

While Jim was visiting us he got off, of the Internet Thursday night and he told us that he just found out that his song Is It You has been climbing the Hit Tracks Top 100 chart, for several weeks, over in Europe. "It is now at the number two position on the chart," Jim told us.

Anyway, we had a wonderful visit with Jim and before he left us we gave him one of those super cool, motion detector toilet lights that we've already given away to many of our dear friends. He loved the toilet night light and he also loves our new place—especially the 1977 Airstream and The Cabin.

Yesterday morning around 7:15 Tony took Jack Black (Jack is one of those three dogs that was returned to us, on Halloween.) to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, to get him vaccinated for Rabies, because Jack was due and because he was getting adopted later on that morning.

So before Jim adios-ed us and took off, for Austin, with his motion detection toilet bowl lights, he ate breakfast with us. And while he was inside taking a shower over here, we went outside to greet Christine & Cliff and their cute son Max, the nice family that was adopting Jack Black from us. And here is a picture that I took of Jack Black's awesome adoption.


After we adios-ed the family that adopted Jack, our great dog-walking friends/volunteers and Jim, Tony and I ate lunch here and then we went to the Home Depot, in Kerrville, to buy some more 2'x4's, paint, stain, etc. so we could finish building "The Closet," in the bedroom, of The Cabin. 

When we left Home Depot "where everyone knows our name," because we are in there so much we drove straight, to the property and we started working on "The Closet" project. 

While Tony was working outside, on the back porch, busily staining the wood and his fingers and before we officially started building "The Closet" I was inside slinging paint on the bedroom wall that will be behind "The Closet." And that is when a UPS truck showed up outside and made a special delivery to us.

Tony went out to the front porch, to go meet our friendly UPS driver that knows us well, because I had more blue paint on me than was on the wall that I was painting. And when Tony came back inside The Cabin talk about surprised. "What is it, Tony?" I asked. "And why did the UPS man delivery it here, because hardly no one knows this address?"

"It's from Karen & Terry, from Port Arthur. They sent us another one of those delicious, spiral-cut hams for our Thanksgiving dinner. Last week I ran into the UPS driver and I took him over here, to show him where we will be moving to. He told me that he went to the rescue ranch first to deliver our package and when he saw our vehicles here that is why he stopped and delivered it here."

"That is so sweet of Karen & Terry to do this again and when we get back home I'll make a note to send them a thank you e-mail." Then Tony and I went back to work for another hour. And here is what we have accomplished so far.





Last night, after we got back home, I spent the evening binge-watching the first three episodes of Longmire's Season 6, before going to bed early. And just so you'll know Longmire's Season 6 is totally awesome. 

Early this morning while Tony was outside doing his daily chores I was inside drinking some coffee and I Googled Hit Tracks Top 100 (PicaNetherlands.com) and I was thrilled to see that Jim Keaveny's awesome song Is It You is now rated at the number one position, on this European chart. And when Tony came, back inside, I showed the chart to him and he was just as thrilled about it as I was. And that is about it for now.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: