Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Leather Gloves! or Farside! or Old Sunspot AR2665!

Yesterday was great. Around 10:00, Tony came into The Cabin, and said, "Nance, there are some people outside. They are real nice and Dan told me that before he and Jessie, go over to see Kinky, he really wants to meet you first."

"Okay."

"I think he's a musician. He's from Buffalo, New York. And he acts like he knows you and he loves our rescue ranch. I just finished giving them a tour."

"What's his name, again?"

"Dan Gailey." Hmm. His name did not ring a bell with me, but that was not unusual, because we do meet a lot of people. Anyway, I went outside to greet Dan and his friend Jessie, from Austin, who had volunteered for a friend to drive Dan, down to the ranch, so he could hook-up with Kinky and sit-in on the recordings.

I instantly liked Dan and Jessie, so we got to visiting. We talked about our mutual love for dogs and animals, how he knows Kinky and music, etc. And by the time we were done talking we learned that he is one of the co-producers on Kinky's upcoming, new CD, that he and Brian Molnar and several musicians are currently recording, over at the Annex.

After our fun visit with them, he and Jessie followed me and JJ, over to the Lodge, because they didn't know how to get over there. And a few minutes later, after Tony had finished doing his morning chores outside, Kermit brought him over to the Lodge. Bottom   Line: We had a lot of fun visiting with Kinky and everyone else that is involved with making this CD.

Late yesterday afternoon, I baked Kinky and his guests another one of my (Carol's) delicious, mouth-watering Chocolate Sheet Cakes and let's just say that Kinky was more than thrilled to receive it.

After I adios-ed everyone JJ (Cale) and I took off to go over to the property, where Tony was already working. Because I wanted to do some more painting on the boards, for our future kitchen counter top, that we are in the process of building. And the good news is—I didn't get one splinter. But the bad news is—those two, painful splinters are still wedged underneath my fingernail.

This is a what I accomplished yesterday, while wearing my new, pair of protective leather gloves, before we quit and came back home.


And yes, I have not begun to distress it like I was planning to, using the picture below, as my guide, because I am actually loving how it already looks. So we shall see. And if you're a betting person I suggest you bet on the boards above for being our counter top.


Today has been great. After I took care of some rescue ranch business this morning and after Tony had done his morning chores outside, we went, back over to the property, to do some more work.

Then we went to the Home Depot to buy a few more supplies. Then we went basically across the street and ate a delicious lunch at Randy's & Lisa's Save Inn Restaurant. And once again, we ordered the exact same thing—Sinker Omelets and iced teas and I highly recommend that you order it the next time you go to the Save Inn Restaurant.

After lunch we went, to Wolfmueller's Books, to visit with Sandy & Jon for a few minutes and to also pick up a couple of Mike Blakely's paperbacks: Comanche Dawn and Vendetta Gold that Sandy had found and was holding for us.

On our way back home Tony told me that he really wanted to read Comanche Dawn first, which was fine with me, because I've just started reading Marie Bostwick's great book Ties That Bind, Bostwick's fifth awesome book of her Cobbled Court Quilts novels. Seriously, Marie Bostwick has now become my favorite author and I highly recommend you read her novels, because you'll get hooked on her books, too. And that's a promise.

Before I finish writing this post I have one more thing I want you to know. This morning our good friend, Jim aka The Mineral Man sent me this informative Space Weather News link for July 23, 2017 and after reading their Space forecast it got me somewhat worried.

I was worrying, because it is also close to being M.I.R (Mercury In Retrograde) Time, again. Which officially begins on August 13th - September 5th. Anyway, I wanted to let you know about all of this, so you'll be prepared and understand why weird things might start going haywire with your travel plans, computer and other devices, etc.
Space Weather News for July 23, 2017

MASSIVE EXPLOSION ON THE FARSIDE OF THE SUN: On July 23rd, NASA and European spacecraft observed a massive explosion on the far side of the sun. A spectacular CME tore through the sun's atmosphere and it now appears to be en route to Mars. Earth will not feel the effects of the blast because of its location on the opposite side of the sun. However, the source of the eruption, old sunspot AR2665, will turn back toward our planet in early August, possibly bringing a new round of geomagnetic storms and auroras. Read all about it on today's edition of Spaceweather.com.
Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!



2 comments:

Fay said...

Hi Nancy! Hope your splinterfinger is getting better everyday, that was so not nice!!!! When Ian and I saw Kinky at the Sportsmens Tavern in Buffalo we met Dan Bailey, he had the most beautiful Nudie jacket on that I *think* was the Gram Parsons version. They were talking about recording in July at Echo Hill and it seemed so far away then. Well, here we are and it's almost August!
Can't wait to hear Kinky's new album! Please say hi to Kinky, Brian and Dan for me on your next Sheet Cake Delivery LOL I hope they know how much you're spoiling them! Have a great weekend and give our best to Tony too xx

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! The Finger is fine at last. That is so cool that you & Ian met Dan Gailey, at Kinky's concert, at the Sportsman Tavern, in Buffalo. Dan is a great man and Tony and I really enjoyed getting to spend time with him and his friend Jessie, who drove him down to the ranch and then back to Austin.

LOL! The "Carol/Cousin Nancy" Chocolate Sheet cake was a a big hit with all of the musicians and later Dan even told me that he enjoyed eating it.

Tony and I send you & Ian our love and if you beg me hard enough—I might even give you Carol's Chocolate Sheet Cake recipe. But be forewarned—it is addicting and it will cause y'all's jeans to be much tighter than they were before.