Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Forks, Knives & Hiaasen!

Yesterday and today have been great. Yesterday, while Tony and I were waiting to checkout our groceries, at the big H-E-B, an interesting-looking magazine, on the rack, caught my eye, so I picked it up and started thumbing through it. And I found it to be so interesting about their whole-food, plant-based lifestyle, I added it to our pile of groceries, that we were still waiting to pay for.


So on our way home I started reading this FORKS OVER KNiVES magazine  and by the time we got back home, I was completely SOLD on the idea and I could not wait to check out more about it on the FORKS OVER KNiVES website. 

Good grief, I spent over an hour browsing around, reading several articles and checking out their delicious-looking plant-based recipes, on FORKS OVER KNiVES, so now I was even more excited about learning more about living a healthy, whole-food, plant-based lifestyle. 

So, I immediately went to Netflix and then watched their fabulous FORKS OVER KNiVES documentary. And I was so totally convinced and overwhelmed by all of the research studies, testimonials, etc. I race-walked, down the hall and told Tony all about it. And I am proud to say, that I talked him into trying it with me.

Feeling happy and excited that Tony was on-board with me about trying this whole-food, plant-based lifestyle, I celebrated by sitting down with Little Debbie and Big Al(ice), sitting on my lap and enjoyed reading over fifty, hilarious pages on my 3rd Carl Hiaasen book Basket Case. Then I went to bed and counted cabbages instead of sheep to fall asleep.


This morning after exercising with Leslie Sansone again, Kinky called me and then he put Dylan, on the phone, because Dylan was over at the Lodge visiting Sophie, and he wanted to talk to me about a dog possibly needing some help. Anyway, after our conversation Tony and I took off, for Kerrville, so we could go buy us some healthier whole-food.

Our first stop was at Next Generation Produce, that we love, and I quickly filled up our grocery cart with healthy plant-based food that I never knew existed. Then we went over, to the big H-E-B, so we could buy more healthy food.

When we got back home, we had more whole, plant-based food than we had space to store it. So, we piled up the remaining, homeless, healthy plant-based food, on the counter. Then I took this picture of it, for my blog tonight. And I've titled this picture—Our Counter Runneth Over.


And then with-tongue-in-cheek, (not a pretty picture since I do wear dentures) I said, "Tony, the freezer is way too full, so I think that we should finish-off that big carton of Blue Bell Home Made Vanilla Ice Cream, instead of just wasting it and throwing it out, so we can put more healthy food, back inside the freezer." Tone liked my idea and that's exactly what we did and it wasn't easy, but it was really delicious, with the added topping of Reddi-wip which we had to eat, in order to free-up more room, inside the fridge. 



So, as I sit here, contemplating if I should go walk a few more miles with Leslie Sansone tonight, because we had to purge our refrigerator, to make more room for healthier food choices—I've decided not to, because I would rather sit down, with a glass of Franzia's Chillable Red boxed, fine wine and read more of Carl Hiaasen's hilarious book Basket Case.

But before I finish writing this and get to enjoy reading more Hiaasen, I want to share this super, great, short video, that my dear, old friend, Judy Ward, sent to me today. It truly is a must see and I guarantee that it will put a big smile on everyone of y'all's faces. So please do check it out, because I am going to buy one of these.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 2 of you are awesome in doing this. Sounds like a great pkan. I'll check if HEB carries everything.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anon! Thank you for your comment. It is a great plan and I am looking forward to eating real food that is plant based. Like I've told Tony, "Tony, if you want to eat meat you can do it, but not that often."