Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Sweet Swat!

Today and the past few days have been great. I've been a little stressed out lately, so when that happens to me I get busy and build something like a bed for my cabin or decorate it to take my mind off of things. And that is why I have not been blogging so much.

Anyway, I am much better now, since Tony and I went to Kerrville this afternoon to run a few errands. After I purchased stamps and mailed several letters, at the Post Office Sub-Station, I had Tony drop me off at Home Town Craft store, before he went over to Wild Birds Unlimited. "I won't be long and I will walk across the parking lot to Wild Birds Unlimited, because I need the exercise."

I had a blast looking around the craft store. I ended up buying some Sharpies, Crayon Markers, an adorable pig, a Sweet Swat, a pink, telescoping, fly swatter and a red hurricane LED lantern. I was thrilled with all of my purchases especially the red lantern, because it runs on two D cell batteries and it has a dimmer switch where I can adjust the light from low glow to super bright. And the lantern only cost me $12.99!

As I hoofed it, across the shopping center's parking lot, to one of our favorite stores, in Kerrville, I spotted Marguerite's van parked outside Wild Birds Unlimited where she works, so I picked up my pace, because I could not wait to show her my new purchases.

When I walked inside the store Tony, Linda, Tricia and Marguerite greeted me. "Nance," Tony said. "Look at all of the great stuff they have on sale. You need to check it out." So, as I visited and laughed with Marguerite and Tricia my eyes fell upon the most adorable bunny puppet. And it was half off!

"I've got to get this!" I said, as I picked up the cute puppet and held it in my arms. When I went to the checkout counter, Tony already had his bird seed stuff nicely arranged, on the counter, next to their homemade cookies, which I was really tempted to eat, but I didn't because I had eaten a big lunch.

On our way to the big H-E-B, Tony chuckled, and said, "I bet we run into Jim, The Mineral Man. Do you want to make a bet?"

"Okay, I'll bet that he won't be there, but I hope he is...."

"While we are shopping at H-E-B let's get the puppies some more toys to play with." And we did and Tony lost his bet with me about seeing our dear friend Jim.

When we got back home we fed the puppies and then unpacked our groceries and put them up. Then I asked Tony to please put the batteries inside my red lantern. But before he did, I took pictures of the toys and all of my purchases.



The picture below shows the Sweet Swat fully extended.


As soon as Tony dropped the two batteries into the lantern, I put all of stuff into a sack, then said, "I'm going out to my writing cabin to decorate some more. And here are some pictures of my newly decorated cabin. And please note how cute the red lantern hanging above the twin bed that has three faux drawers, that Aaron and Tony helped me build and we have not yet, run water to the sink or put in the faucets.




Where the pink table is located in the above picture, I am soon going to put in a real wood-burning stove with Aaron's and Tony's help.


And from my antique writing desk I will be able to see the wood-burning stove while I'm writing!



When I returned to The Cabin, the puppies had been playing with their new toys and then they curled up and went to sleep.



And that's about it for this evening, because I plan to go watch the movie St. Vincent and then watch The 38th Annual Kennedy Center Honors, which I never miss.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

karlee3 said...

~~ HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ~~

cousin nancy said...

Hi Karlee3! Happy New Year to You, too!