Monday, August 31, 2015

I'm Going To Commit Myself!

The last few days have been great, especially Saturday, when Tony and I went to Steve Pietzsch's artist reception, at the Kerr Arts & Cultural Center. Oh my goodness, we arrived about ten minutes early before the reception began, so we could visit with Steve for a few minutes and within twenty minutes or less, the place was packed with all kinds of people admiring our dear friend's awesome art.

While we were nibbling on some delicious, healthy appetizers and visiting with several of our friends, I overheard a nice woman, tell another volunteer that works at the center, "I think this is one of the biggest crowds that we've ever had here."

And it was true, because it was basically standing room only and I think a lot of it had to do with our good friend Donna Gable Hatch's fabulous article that she wrote, to help get the word out about Steve's awesome surreal art exhibition and reception, in Saturday's Kerrville Daily Times Weekend Edition.

So, if you didn't make it to Steve's artist reception, on Saturday, you can still go see Steve's fabulous art exhibit, because it will be on display until September 20th.

Yesterday evening, early this morning and today, I have spent several long hours painting the inside of The Mother Ship. And I plan to go back out there, in just a few minutes, to do some more painting.

I've almost used up a gallon of paint and I've only gotten half of it painted so far, because I am having to put second coats on everything. Tomorrow I plan on buying another gallon of paint and I am going to commit myself to at least two hours of painting each day, in hopes of having all of the painting done within the week. And that's about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: